Author Topic: .squelch 1  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
I only have a small number of people I squelch.  Therefore it's not much trouble quickly squelching them.  Those that want a squelch list, how many people you got??    

Generally people are decent enough for me to keep ch1 active.  Besides, if HT or one of the development team comes on and spread rumours, I don't want to miss it.

Ex.

[This message has been edited by Extreme (edited 04-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Extreme (edited 04-03-2000).]

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2000, 11:07:00 PM »
Sometimes I squelch 1 if the battles are intense, just so all the channel 1 banter, which is fun and amusing many times, doesn't cause me to miss any team calls. I need all the SA help I can get!  

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 04-02-2000).]

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2000, 05:55:00 AM »
I say each user have an individual "squelch file" on their system (like a config file).  Squelch the users that make ya mad, dont the ones that don't.  

I personally get a kick out of the people that blow their top when they die and spout it on CH 1.  Its just plain funny to watch another human brain degrade to complete stupidity.

Jarbo
of the Buccaneers

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2000, 06:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by Camel:
Like tonight there was some good natured ribbing (I thought) between Vulcan and llbm that I found funny. I also have learned a few things about Vid cards and such, on the open channel.

Can someone please ask llbm to return the lead i filled his butt with to the nearest Knight depot. We're running low cos of the amount of lead he absorbed dying... and dying... and dying... and dying... and... ohhh you guys get the picture.

p.s. tactical tip for ya llbm... less fuel makes your plane lighter - and hey! you could even leave your landing gear behind to keep it real lean (can't remember ya needing it!!!).

Someone pass the vinegar... I see an open flesh wound.

-vlkn- in

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2000, 08:13:00 AM »
As much as I hate some of the behavior I've seen on the ch 1 buffer lately, the good-natured banter and salutes of the minority are worth keeping it un-squelched. I just squelch the people who are being obnoxious.

The way squelching works in Warbirds is good,  where the person getting squelched is informed that people are squelching them. It helps to get them to realize that they need to clean up their act.

------------------
banana
308 (Polish) Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"
"On the whole, it is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them"

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
.squelch 1
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
My God .. thinking about the boring climbing times in my HOG without Channel 1 .. i'd have to turn my TV on then and watch all those nudie girls on European channels which is really bad for my SA..  

No i stay with and .. errr on Channel 1

<- .Squelch SCDuckw6  

------------------

Phillip "Duckwing6" Artweger
Flight Officer "E" Flight
Skeleton Crew

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
.squelch 1
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
I admit, I only visually scanned this topic, but I have strong feelings about language and the squelch command.
My first opinion...is that it is unneccesary.  However, the dynamics of the internet make, it a must.  We all have an opinion of liberty and freedom of speech.  Yet, no one is wrong.  We also have an opinion of what is decent...or considered appropriate, in mixed company.  I do refer to sex, race, religion....as it is inferred.  I will not state examples, you know what I mean....in your mindset.  
Don't force your beliefs or opinions on others...be free to express your thoughts, but not at the expense of others.

K-KEN

http://www.cutthroats.com/

funked

.squelch 1
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2000, 07:08:00 PM »
"Yet, no one is wrong"

Bull

Offline Pappy

• Zinc Member
.squelch 1
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2000, 03:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by ezrust:
I always squelch it.  Much more immersive without the enemy/friend watermelon chat.

Ya I agree, opposing country watermelon chat squelch, is something I started and noticed less time reading the text buffer and more time doing things like ohhhh say flying.
 It does add more realistic feel to the game not seeing hours of brainless monkeys pointless blow hole antics streaming in gray letters like the stock market ticker every time I wana cash in on my 30 dollar investment.