Author Topic: Nuts.  (Read 1148 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Nuts.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 12:11:31 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Forget the celebrities, we gotta figure out which of our dear left wing BBS posters are moving away...

:)

Well they are already in Canada!  ;)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Nuts.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 12:16:28 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Well they are already in Canada!  ;)

True, but isnt even that far too close to America that so ovewrwhelmingly prefers President Bush and the conservative mandate.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Nuts.
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004, 12:23:13 PM »
is alix baldwin still here?

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Nuts.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 12:25:17 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

I thought the Baldwin's were all killed in the pre-emptive strike in the "Terrance and Phillip War."

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Nuts.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 12:44:25 PM »
Originally posted by Flit
Golfer, please edit your post, I find your language offensive
 thank you

Then don't buy a ticket for Team America, World Police you won't like it.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Nuts.
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 12:47:21 PM »
The funniest thing is all these loudmouths talking trash about how their self-rightous majority would manifest itself are now faced with the fact that they're actually holding a minority opinion, and their claims to be speaking for the whole country are just so much BS.  

That's gotta sting.

In the largest numerical turnout in history and the largest voter percentage turnout since 1968, a clear majority of voters (51%) voted to re-elect President Bush.  The margin of victory is close in the electoral college but nationwide it's around 3.5 million, 51% vs. 48%.  Even Pres. Clinton couldn't get 50% of the popular vote when running against 2 of the least charismatic candidates to ever run for President.

Call it what you like, but every measure you can come up with calls it a Bush victory, not just a Kerry loss.  The GOP gains in congress just reinforce the overall results.  Kerry and his Democrat supporters are unquestionably in the minority.  Get over it and press on with something positive for a change.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Nuts.
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 12:55:34 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
Then don't buy a ticket for Team America, World Police you won't like it.

Thanks
 O, and I can't wait to go see that movie
 I recommend this game to Kids, which is why I asked for the clean-up.
 Not to mean I would take a kid to that movie

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Nuts.
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 01:00:35 PM »
I wouldn't call 51% to 48% a "clear majority".  I guess I would call it "barely a majority".  Enough to win, but doesn't really do the country much good.  

It is unfortunate that in a country of 300,000,000 or so folks that we couldn't come up with a candidate (for any party) that could capture 70% or greater of the votes.  

If everyone felt like their man was leading the country, that indeed would be something positive for a change.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Nuts.
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 01:01:25 PM »

We have a nice quiet place for ya Nash ...

Dont worrie ... Nugent didnt win either ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Nuts.
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 01:02:22 PM »
Originally posted by Furious

It is unfortunate that in a country of 300,000,000 or so folks that we couldn't come up with a candidate (for any party) that could capture 70% or greater of the votes.  

I betcha Arnold would come close

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Nuts.
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2004, 01:13:43 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

Didn't you see Team America?  Kim Jung Il got pissed at him for screwing everything up and whacked him  :D

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Nuts.
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2004, 01:15:17 PM »
>>I also love to see stern and springstein and moore and the other "kingmakers " look as foolish as nash.
<<

Yup today they they go back to a mundane life of money, travel, women, privilege etc...

Bruce is probably working on some project, and I guess Stern and Moore are too. Kerry will probably be a little tired after doing something most will never come close to doing. They'll be licking their wounds as they go by the spectators in the world who rooted for one team or the other.

I'm sure they'll pass small homes, double wides, ranch style houses, and storetop apartments. Security moms with 6 kids hanging on their Walmart dress and Fingerhut aprons will run out and yell "LOSER!!!" Dads in 10 year old minivans, 5 year old Silverados, and 2 year old Cavaliers will cut them off yelling "LOSER!!!" Little kids with runny noses, Nike tennis shoes, crappy hair cuts and even crappier attitudes will run out into the street and yell "YOU SUCK! LOSER!!!!"

Yup, Kerry, Springsteen, Stern,  Moore , Mahr, Mellencamp and all the M's (and a's and b's and c') will go though their mundane lives with an audience of millions. But I'm going to post on an internet BBS all day. Because we are one America again - the have and the have nots. And the have nots are basking in glorious victory.

Now once again (in unison) LOSER!!!!!

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
Nuts.
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2004, 01:49:25 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
I wouldn't call 51% to 48% a "clear majority".  I guess I would call it "barely a majority".  Enough to win, but doesn't really do the country much good.  

If everyone felt like their man was leading the country, that indeed would be something positive for a change.

I agree somewhat with you Furious on the 51 to 48 thing.

But if you look at the Prez, Senate, House and Gov races in total, I do think the repubs got handed a mandate.  Right or wrong, the picture as a whole does seem to say that.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Nuts.
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2004, 02:23:03 PM »
tweety... most of us would be happy but these egomaniacs were sooooo counting on being relevant as kingmakers...  they are probly in deep shock.

lazs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Next....
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »
The SC judges ...

WTG America - for renewing my hope in you!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder