Author Topic: Pot, it's not just for bored oil workers  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Pot, it's not just for bored oil workers
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2004, 08:54:07 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Enlighten me.  What is "wrong" about smoking marijuana?

Why don't you enlighten me, SOB- What is "Right" about smoking marijuana?

I'm not talking about your "right" to abuse yourself in whichever manner you choose, provided you don't create victims due to your...."rights," but beyond that there's a very real "wrong" with weed, coke, meth, alcohol, or whatever other substance you wish to abuse- It robs you of human potential.

My advice to Skull, Grunherz and the other kids on this Board is "Just Say No." Wait until your mind is fully developed before you destroy it- stay straight, study hard in school, get a great career and THEN get blasted.

Otherwise you'll end up like SOB...getting oral from a trout.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2004, 09:05:02 PM »
Airhead, we learned that Prohibition does not work. You can not force one person's morality upon another. Prohibition makes criminals of otherwise honest citizens just like banning guns would make criminals of otherwise honest gun owners. Remember, it's mentioned in the bill of rights too. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Whaaat? It does'nt say pot!?! Well neither does "the right to bear arms" say AR-15's.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2004, 09:50:56 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Airhead, we learned that Prohibition does not work. You can not force one person's morality upon another. Prohibition makes criminals of otherwise honest citizens just like banning guns would make criminals of otherwise honest gun owners. Remember, it's mentioned in the bill of rights too. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Whaaat? It does'nt say pot!?! Well neither does "the right to bear arms" say AR-15's.

Hey, I don't care if you smoke pot or not; if anything its quasi-legalization here has had the twofold effect in helping Granny afford the more expensive brand of cat food for supper PLUS it's running the commercial growers out of business.

All I'm doing is advising those in school to refrain until their brains are developed before they start destroying their brain cells.

My opinion on pot prohibition hasn't changed in 35 years- it's a joke, and there's more pot on the streets than ever before. More coke and crank, too- but, because prohibition hasn't worked, should all recreational drugs be legalized?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2004, 10:24:14 PM »
Would you all beleive this is one of the MAIN issues that dissenfranchises me from the republican party.  I totally agree that POT should be legalized.  Think of the tax revenue......think of the crime reduction.

I'm firm though that I think the age limit should be 18 and up.  

I know ALOT of pot heads from back home....in fact were I went to school you did 1 of 4 things afterwords......

1.  You didn't change a thing and you are still a pot head but you now manage the gass station you worked at through highschool

2.  You went to college and either graduated or fell into other catagegories

3.  You joined the military

4.  You worked a 40 hour a week grinder of a job slowly working your way up to mid level management.

Kids are still gonna smoke just like kids today still drink underage.  The difference is that adults can now do it but probably wont cause it's legal.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2004, 10:33:34 PM »
I was a certified stoner folks and Airhead is right. Pot makes ya stupid and lazy. I quit for a reason, and it was one of the best things I've ever done.

Stay away from that chit.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2004, 10:39:11 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Would you all beleive this is one of the MAIN issues that dissenfranchises me from the republican party.  I totally agree that POT should be legalized.  Think of the tax revenue......think of the crime reduction.

I'm firm though that I think the age limit should be 18 and up.
Guns, once again we are on the same page.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2004, 11:17:02 PM »
POT=Bad.  I learned that and will keep true to it.  I don't think it is funny.  It ruins your life, your grades, your everything.  Only failures use it.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2004, 11:18:52 PM »
yep.. one of the first drugs I quit... stupid and lazy and boring.

lazs

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2004, 01:57:04 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
POT=Bad.  I learned that and will keep true to it.  I don't think it is funny.  It ruins your life, your grades, your everything.  Only failures use it.

Pot has different effects on different people. If you didn't find it enjoyable then good for you. A lot of people feel differently. I don't think that a minor should use any drugs. When I was your age it was the losers who used it. 10 years after the situation is not that simple, I can't make that conclusion from the people I know. Yes it can ruin your life if you decide to make it a constant habit. Too much of anything isn't healthy. If you play computer games all day, the effect on your life is pretty much the same,  excluding the reduced short term memory.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2004, 01:58:55 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yep.. one of the first drugs I quit... stupid and lazy and boring.

lazs

Because of that a lot of people stay way from it, which is a good thing.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2004, 02:11:08 AM »
I used to get High on life......

But then I built up a tolerance

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2004, 02:13:48 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I am willing to have it be that  if you smoke pot you simply give up your right to drive or take your chances..   If it stays in your system then tough.   Is it more important to smoke pot or to drive?

if the cop suspects you of driving badly and you flunk the pot test..... DUI.

lazs

I agree, but in all fairness there should be a zero limit on alcohol in your blood aswell.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2004, 02:32:27 AM »
Hell, I quite smoking (for the most part) about ten years ago. I still have quite a few friends that do on a daily basis though, so I have been kept up to date on the supply/demend side of it.

A 1/4oz of standard commercial bud runs about $40. Hydro will run ya about 80-100 a 1/4oz. These are about the same as when I was buying back in the early 90's.

Best I ever had?.....I was working for a contractor on an outside AC unit. End of the day job. Woman asked him if he could clean out the basement for $20, I volunteered.

The corner full of trash produced an ammo box. It was almost pitch black back there. I popped it open when I found it, out popped a QP.

I finished the job with pot in every place I could put it. I had 40 year old guys crawling on the floor with that watermelon (I was in my late teens). Hell, one ounce was one bud in a baggie.

Finished it in about a week, didn't sell any of it. Quit right after that.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2004, 08:46:28 AM »
I got no problem with zero tollerance on booze either..  in California it is .04 for commercial drivers... less than one drink an hour ago...

lazs

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2004, 08:59:29 AM »
Drugs is all around you kids. Look at that marker, take the cap off and sniff it. It'll get you hhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggg ggggghhhhhhhhhh. - Tyrone Biggins
-SW