Author Topic: FS Pack 2.0 Released!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« on: November 03, 2004, 02:32:35 PM »
Finally, it's complete. It has many, many sounds, to say the least.

[Space Reserved for Link]

Everything is how it should be. Engine sounds have their own unique volume, so certain planes are louder than others (especially the P-47's).

I've taken a lot of care with the gun sounds. 30's, 303's, 50's, 20's, 30's, and 37's sound brilliant. Some gun sounds have long mixes, so you get more nuances when firing.

And, yes, engines. Every engine sound came from a real recording --- From the DB605 to the Napier Sabre.

Of course, there are the GV sounds. Quite good, if you will. It makes for a much better experience than the default sounds!

Every sound is in 16-bit, 22.5khz. All sounds that can be Stereo are in stereo. The rest are in Mono.

Now, I will say this. The pack is not for those of you who are afraid of loud noises. Many sounds are indeed very loud, and have a lot of bass rumble. This offers the most realism at the expense of easy listening. So, if you live in an apartment or condominium, turn the subwoofer off, and the speakers down a bit, because plenty of these sounds are LOUD.

The pack is about 200mb. Now, I don't have anybody to host it yet, but I will soon, so be patient. You'll be able to download it soon :aok .

Now, I will have a patch out this week. It addresses some engine start nuances. Until recently, I didn't have a wave editor that could do auto fading. Well, I have Nero Wave Editor now, and I've already fixed three engstart files. You won't be able to tell much difference, but it'll be there.

Anyway, as I said, just be patient. A host will be up soon.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 03:49:43 PM »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:45:08 PM »
Fruda, FYI.  Sound files need to be mono in order to work with the 3D sound system.  A DirectX requirement, not ours.  Just thought you might want to know.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 05:28:59 PM »
If you can break it into ~40MB chunks I can host it for you.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:40:46 PM »
I should be able to make 40mb chunks.

On the 3D sound issue --- Like I said, only certain sounds are stereo.

All sounds that are able to use stereo *are* in stereo. The rest are in mono. It sounds much better this way. I've tested it countless times in every possible way, and every sound is how it should be.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 05:52:04 PM »
200mb, holy cow!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 06:06:09 PM »
Shoot me an email via this form and I'll set you up with the ftp log in.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 06:50:21 PM »
Send me an email and I'll setup a full download mirror for ya for those who don't want it in chunks.

ooz662@shelteringwings.com
or ooz662@verizon.net
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 08:53:44 PM »
Fruda, I am just saying that the 3D positioning cannot work with stereo tracks.  If the sounds are not in need of positioning, then, no big deal.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 09:23:58 PM »
Oh, I see where you're getting at.

It's not positioning at all --- It's just double tracking to make it more powerful. Double tracking in mono doesn't exactly work...

Believe me, the positioning effects in AHII are intact with these sounds. I just had to use stereo on the engine/wind sounds to double track.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 11:51:28 PM »
Fruda,

Does that work?  The engines are positional.  If you turn your head in a single engine aircraft the engine sound source should chage speakers.

On top of that multiengined aircraft also have sound sources.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 12:24:10 AM »
It changes speakers how it should. It works properly.

Like I said, my stereo soudns aren't positional stereo. It's just double mono for more power.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 12:31:15 AM »
uh  - no offense, but what the heck is double mono? If theres a left and a right side, even if its the same sound source - it's still stereo - at least from the listening feild perspective.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 08:34:32 AM »
Just get it on the board, already!!!

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 12:35:58 PM »
Waffle still has to be an stunninghunk about somebody else making a good sound pack. And when there was only one, yes, one of your sounds in that P-51 preview pack (since I'm the only one working on the pack, they're all gone now), you said that the flaps, gear, and wind sounds were yours. I made those sounds. Sounds to me like somebody didn't want another person making a sound pack that could rival his.

Anyway, you call yourself a sound engineer and you don't know what double mono is? It can also be called dual mono, if you will.

It's a stereo mode that uses two monoraul channels. The two channels are exactly the same, so it doesn't sound more dynamic. It just sounds more powerful. It isn't true stereo.