Author Topic: FS Pack 2.0 Released!  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 12:41:09 PM »
Jebus, awfully defensive Fruda.  I detect no stunninghunk-ishness from Waffle.

There is absolutely no reason to go fanboi for one soundpack over another.  ALL player contributions, be it sounds, skins, terrains, or whatever, are welcomed and are certainly appreciated by MANY, whether they show it or not.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 12:51:23 PM »
I know that. That's why I congratulate others on their work.

I tend to get aggressive when somebody more or less says I don't know what I'm talking about.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 12:55:02 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
Just get it on the board, already!!!

As soon as Fruda uploads it to my server I'll post the links.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 01:10:05 PM »
I'll upload it as soon as my brother gets off the damn computer (I'm using a different PC right now, which doesn't have the sound pack).

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 01:17:02 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
uh  - no offense, but what the heck is double mono? If theres a left and a right side, even if its the same sound source - it's still stereo - at least from the listening feild perspective.

It's just a waste of size.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 01:21:27 PM »
I could make it mono... But, that would take about an hour. It's just not worth it to go and convert it for a less powerful sound.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 01:57:15 PM »
Well Hello World :)

Wasn't trying to be an "stunninghunk" - was just curious what "double mono was.  In wav editing a stereo file has 2 wavs(if that is the filetype you are editng) - even if it is the same wav file per left/right. Wasn't sure if you were mixing 2 sounds onto one "Mono wav".

'Double mono' threw me for a loop..that's all, if you would've used "dual mono"( which can procees either a left/right source, or 2 mono sources),  that might've cleared it up.

Even in dual mono - you have a left/right ouput..which when you go back to Wav editing...it will be labeled a stereo file.

FYI, If you are using "dual mono" (stereo WAV, same sound source) in engines....You wont have exterior engine sounds.
The 3d AH sound engine will play a true stereo/dual mono wav. while you are "in plane" but you will loose all external aircraft sounds.

Now as far as this:

Waffle still has to be an stunninghunk about somebody else making a good sound pack. And when there was only one, yes, one of your sounds in that P-51 preview pack (since I'm the only one working on the pack, they're all gone now), you said that the flaps, gear, and wind sounds were yours. I made those sounds. Sounds to me like somebody didn't want another person making a sound pack that could rival his.

It's just a track record Fruda...I asked for a gentlemans request about not using my "edited" sounds. I don't want to get in a P'ing contest with you, but you did use sounds. Then blamed your brother for it.  It's pretty easy to import files into Nuendo or pro-tools to check out/compare to the ones I did. If I change stock directory of the files I edit and import a "downloaded" soundpack - the next time I open the program I used to edit and it can't find the stock files - it will ask to search. I just have it search the downloaded soundpack and It will come back with sounds based on bits,the number of samples and sometimes with the id still stamped.  

It's a little overboard, but If I have to prove something...

You should understand this - again I'll use the skin analogy - if you make a skin and someone comes along / downloads it and changes a call sign, then calls it "their" skin - well you get the idea..

Originally posted by Fruda

Hmm... My brother and I are both working on this pack together. I told him to get all your sounds out.

Well, he really doesn't like to listen to me, so I won't let him touch it any more. Those sounds will be out, and an update will be put on my site shortly.

Sorry for this --- If I had known he didn't remove them, I wouldn't have uploaded it. I just work on the sounds; he's the one who organizes them.

Yeah, I'm just using that as a placeholder. I've got more stall horns. You should hear the one I have for the Lancaster III.

Don't worry --- None of your stuff will be in the final product. I am, however, using some of Spade's buzzers and Check6/Warning sounds, since he said I could.

Are your flaps/gear sounds ones you don't want being used in other packs?

All in all.  I'm glad to see other people making sound packs, but I don't know why you feel like you're in competition with me.

If you want to do that...the election stuff has died down...So Maybe I'll be Bush..and you can be Kerry...lol

Hit the campaign trail boys!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 02:01:55 PM by Waffle »

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 02:04:26 PM »
out of all the sounds being made can there be one for the bombbay doors opening or are they even heard from the cockpit?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 02:06:15 PM »
hey wolf, there was a sound for that and it's in the files, but not being played by sound engine in AH.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 02:44:52 PM »
Yeah, I was using that stallhorn as a placeholder. Then, when I asked a certain somebody to take the sounds out, he said he did, and woop-de-freaking-doo, he didn't.

Anyway, none of your sounds are in this pack. And I thought it was a bit odd that you said my 109 flaps/gear sounds were yours... They weren't.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 03:31:29 PM »
so for the doors to sound as they open HTC has to code the AH engine to play it?

Oh Fruda sorry for throwing a slight kink in your thread. I figured yall would be the best ones to ask.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 03:36:39 PM »
it used to be there, but got lost somewhere along the way I guess..lol

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2004, 03:52:42 PM »
sure glad im not releasing any more sound packs.. :eek: yikes:eek:

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2004, 06:40:34 PM »
Oh, you can only hear the bomb doors when you're in the bombardier view... Weird, huh?

Oh, I'm gonna put a slight delay on my pack. I'm standardizing the wind sounds. Shouldn't take long.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
FS Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2004, 07:05:38 PM »
I have never heard them in bombadiers view. Maybe I have a bad setting somewhere.

Hmmmm.......