Author Topic: My appologies....  (Read 710 times)

Offline Kitaro

• Zinc Member
My appologies....
« on: December 20, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
I have only been playing a couple weeks or so, and i know it will take me forever to amass the kills etc that most of you have,  We all get frustrated time to time and spout off,  

however, last night i felt i had good reason to spout off, maybe in not the way i did but still had good reason...

For that i appologize!!!!

this is the problem in main maybe you have experienced it also.... if so maybe you can help me...

I in fw190a8 30mm, 20mm, and the 17.9 i believe i had.....vs lanc w/no tail ammo thus has to turn and roll to use top turret.

I am within 200 - 400 yards always  I blast him, usin all cannon his four engine smokin bad as they do when they break up etc...    

This guys flies away like nothing, not a scratch other than ALL 4 engine on fire...

I hit with at least 90% of my shots

Can anyone explain this to me?

thx
    Kit

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
My appologies....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
I for one have always assumed this was someone hacking the game to compensate for the lack of skills in this game.

However my squaddies who seem to know more about online gaming have given me another perspective to these problems. What could of happened to you are things like lag, packet loss and other technical things that I do not know about.  What I would suggest is film your engagements to view after the battle to see if you see something fishy.

If something appears to be complete roadkille to you send the film to HTC with your concerns.

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
My appologies....
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
S! Kitaro

I'm sure someone will explain things more in depth, but IMO if you fired your all weapons at the same time, there's great possibility that all those hit sprites you saw was your 7.9 mm MG's sprites and not cannon's. Bullet drop on cannons are much higher than in MG's.
If you fly 190A-8 mostly, I'd disable MG's and fire cannons only. Also 30mm is very low velocity gun and when compared to 20mm, 30mm shells drops much more than 20mm's = difficult to get small impact point.

--------------------
vector
XO 348th FG "Kearby's Thunderbolts"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
My appologies....
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Also check for V-Sync ON on your video card, between your card settings and net problems, you may have had whats known as "Rubber Bullet" syndrome.
<S>

Offline Kitaro

• Zinc Member
My appologies....
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
Thanks but now explain the V-sinc please,  i have gforce2

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
My appologies....
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
You could be right, myself and another were pumping rounds into what seemed to be an invincable b17 one night.... I finnally landed, reloaded and emptyed again before he went down...... "Super Seventeen" it was
doc

Offline Pinner

• Zinc Member
My appologies....
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
There are a whole mess of reasons that this could be happening. Many of which have been pointed out so far. Here are a list of things that I have noticed in the past...

1. Firing all guns at the same time can be misleading as to which bullets are really hitting. This in and of itself is highly variable driven (convergence, plane attitude, G's, different gun loadouts).

2. Netlag, V-Sync, Lost Packets, both players connect quality in general... all contributing to Rubber Bullet Syndrome. This I've had some realllly bad experiences with myself. I dove down on a Lanc in a 262, tore him completely up (only 30mm, so they -must- have been the cause of the hit sprites), and they guy had -ZERO- damage.

3. If you knocked out all 4 engines, you must have been putting bullets all over the plane. Bombers can be bullet sponges unless you concentrate the fire in one place, and specifically in one vulnerable place (ie- cockpit, wings, tail).

I'm sure there could be some more reasons as to why it happened... some explainable, some unexplainable.

Hope this helps some,

Pinner

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
My appologies....
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by maddog:
You could be right, myself and another were pumping rounds into what seemed to be an invincable b17 one night.... I finnally landed, reloaded and emptyed again before he went down...... "Super Seventeen" it was
doc

Wish I could find one of those invincible "Super Seventeen"s!   :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
My appologies....
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
Unless you experience"tearing" in your graphics,you should always disable vsync.This will help your framerate.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
My appologies....
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2001, 12:04:00 AM »
Sox: disabling v-sync in AH is a very bad idea. It messes up gunnery -> you have to use double amount of ammo to kill someone. I've experienced this problem since WB2.xx where I resorted to flying 2D and got twice the amount of kills / ammo load.

About the super B17, I ran into one also yesterday. I have a very good film where I make 3 passes with the 190d9, hitting almost 100% of my shots directly in the elevator. Cannons + mg. Quite long bursts and initially was also quite a wide angle. The B17 shoots up my engine on the second pass, I then meet a spit which I shoot in pieces with a short burst (so net was working obviously) and make the third pass on the B17.. Again hits to cockpit area, rear fuselage, elevator.. B17 flies away unharmed.

He then pings me from rear gunner position and I lose my wing. Things like that really makes you go hmm..

However it COULD be just bad luck with packet loss at my end.