Author Topic: Bogus....  (Read 2001 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Bogus....
« on: November 04, 2004, 07:03:24 PM »
Just died again to a buff on "final" so low over the water you couldnt even see the icon. I can tell you right now that when (not if) I quit this game for last time (I promise:)) this will be why.

Heres a dweeb (all low level buffers are spineless dweebs period) on auto with a perfect gun platform at 15 ft who can light up all comers with his "turbo" powered 50 cals (still x10 "power" if I recall). No buff formation would fly at this level. I think that "drones should be reconfigured so that they "detach" and land immediatly once you go below 2500 ft (above ground) also multiplier should be disabled below that level as well....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Bogus....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 07:05:39 PM »
Here's a dweeb gonna get him an easy kill vulching a buff on final ... oh wait ... no it ain't. :D

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Bogus....
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:08:50 PM »
, its the easiest way to fly buffs.  Path of least resistance... welcome to Aces High.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Re: Bogus....
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 09:24:25 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Just died again to a buff on "final" so low over the water you couldnt even see the icon. I can tell you right now that when (not if) I quit this game for last time (I promise:)) this will be why.

Heres a dweeb (all low level buffers are spineless dweebs period) on auto with a perfect gun platform at 15 ft who can light up all comers with his "turbo" powered 50 cals (still x10 "power" if I recall). No buff formation would fly at this level. I think that "drones should be reconfigured so that they "detach" and land immediatly once you go below 2500 ft (above ground) also multiplier should be disabled below that level as well....

Humble sorry but you are wrong bombers did fly low sometimes. British lancs would straffe airfields on thier way home during night raids..... plus many more low missions were out there. True 80% were high alt missions but not all. /Matter of fact my Mother inlaw told me how american bomber crashed near her property  in ww2 by hiting a tree on its way to oil fields in romania.  I think killing bombers low alt 3 times easier than high alt bomber.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
Bogus....
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »
Im sorry...but if you cant kill a low buff formation....you need practice,

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Bogus....
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 10:13:37 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Here's a dweeb gonna get him an easy kill vulching a buff on final ... oh wait ... no it ain't. :D

Anytime anyplace anywhere....any plane

I love this BS reply. The truth is simple....its not easy to kill buffs right on the water...especially if your not in optimal position...you either let em go or you take a beating. The game is set up to give buffs certain advantages...elevated hitting power and coordinated gunnery. No real issues, but when buffs are allowed to utilize those benifits in unforseen ways you create an issue....that simple.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Bogus....
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 10:22:25 PM »
Originally posted by rod367th
Humble sorry but you are wrong bombers did fly low sometimes. British lancs would straffe airfields on thier way home during night raids..... plus many more low missions were out there. True 80% were high alt missions but not all. /Matter of fact my Mother inlaw told me how american bomber crashed near her property  in ww2 by hiting a tree on its way to oil fields in romania.  I think killing bombers low alt 3 times easier than high alt bomber.

I'm not arguing that bombers didnt fly low...they did. The raid you refer to was rare but bombers bombed at about ~800 ft. Light bombers often flew true NOE over france.

My issue is with the gunnery modifier and "auto convergance" at alt under 50 ft. As for the "Easy kill" I totally disagree unless your only attacking with an optimal setup.

14-5 lancs
6-3 B-17s
8-3 B-26's

Thats 2nd half of last tour after change to AKhumble...all in Ki-61 probably so not an ideal buff killer. And probably all attacked cause no one else was in position to or I'd of left em alone.

I have no issue with NOE or low level...I have an issue with flying at 15 ft "pop up" bombing or suicide bombing....thats not the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 10:26:07 PM by humble »

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Bogus....
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 10:34:53 PM »
HTC has repeatdly stated that buff guns are no more powerful than fighter guns. Obviously there are more of them.

Attack smarter next time and don't whine if you fail....jeez.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bogus....
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 10:40:21 PM »
What is this "autoconvergence" you speak of?

Buff guns do not converge on the target.  The computer has no way of knowing what the target is, or what the desired convergence is.

What does "x10 power" mean?

Buff guns are no more powerful than any other aircraft's guns of the same make.  In the case of the American bombers the .50s are the same as the .50s in the P-51 abd every other American aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Bogus....
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 02:30:09 AM »
Anytime anyplace anywhere....any plane

Cause I'm da man, get em how I can.
Any plane high or low.
Even over the rainbow.
On the deck.
Fast or slow.
On the runway, don't ya know.

Cause I'm humble .... yes, I'm humble.
I don't brag man.

But those bombers kinda suck man.

Even when they land man.

Hehehe .... don't let it all get to ya, Humble.
BS deserves BS.

:D

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Re: Re: Bogus....
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 03:34:39 AM »

My issue is with the gunnery modifier and "auto convergance" at alt under 50 ft. As for the "Easy kill" I totally disagree unless your only attacking with an optimal setup.

Do you think that you could do better if each buff had 6 live gunners aboard?

The faster plane ALWAYS controls the fight.  In a fighter VS bomber you always have the choice to engage, run or reposition.  Your problem was that he was on final, so you only had a choice of attacking from a bad position while you could, or to run.

You bet that “they” would be too busy trying to approach for landing to man the guns.  You made the unrealistic bet that you could attack 3 bombers with 18 gunners aboard without being noticed, and then hose them all down because.  You figured that this would work because you expected that all 18 gunners would be in the cockpits helping the pilots land.  

You expected a freebie (or 3) because you knew the game makes an unrealistic concession of making a single bomber pilot do the jobs of 30 men.

You made the wrong bet, came here and whined, in spite of your name.

eskimo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Bogus....
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 03:48:01 AM »
Just died again to a buff on "final" so low over the water you couldnt even see the icon. I can tell you right now that when (not if) I quit this game for last time (I promise) this will be why.

So dont attack low buffs anymore.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bogus....
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 04:49:19 AM »
No buff formation would fly at this level. I think that "drones should be reconfigured so that they "detach" and land immediatly once you go below 2500 ft (above ground) also multiplier should be disabled below that level as well....

nope.. never..

« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 04:51:37 AM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Bogus....
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 05:10:34 AM »
Ever tried it with rockets (just one at the right spot can do it)?  You don't even need to be in his gunrange.

If belly-scraping NOE is gamey, last I checked the cannon splash against water/ground still works.

Most efficient gunning down is with proper approach, fast, off center and preferably by surprise and/or with a wingman.  Blind spots are a no brainer. Although AGL it's not as easy, you might be able to **** with the bogie's keyboard skills, fooling him into switching back and forth between positions.

Unless I'm mistaken you still only have to manage one wingtip to make any bomber tip over.  Especially time-efficient if he's AGL.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 05:13:02 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Bogus....
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 06:53:06 AM »
Harder to do, but maybe try approaching friom "not 6" and treating like a strafing run vs M16....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad