Author Topic: Bogus....  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Bunyip

• Zinc Member
EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2004, 08:25:07 AM »
:D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2004, 09:35:32 AM »
Originally posted by Bunyip
:D

Sigh....

Why dont you read up on it yourself so you know the differences...BTW all that was was skip bombing with a specially designed bomb....

ghostdancer....

Thanks...so basically we have a drop height of ~75+ feet or some type of "pop up" bombing if your truely NOE....but basically they can level bomb from 100ft for certain at speed. So a B-24 flight with 20x1000 has 60 bombs to spray down the "flight line" and needs 10% accuracy to take out all three FH's....or am I wrong here with the math?

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Bogus....
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2004, 09:54:08 AM »
and MA bombers are regular carpet salvoes with specialy designed ACM :D

Humble just be more careful with the way you show yourself in the bombers' gunsights, you'll see it's not that hard to scalp em.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Bogus....
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2004, 10:19:25 AM »
i should'nt even touch this one...

ohh well.

buffs! wether thier low or high should always be approached slowly, dont just always barrel into them and hope they arent looking!

i love killing buff's but i always try to probe first, unless of course the buffs already got a couple fighters on him.:D

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »
Originally posted by humble
Sigh....

So a B-24 flight with 20x1000 has 60 bombs to spray down the "flight line" and needs 10% accuracy to take out all three FH's....or am I wrong here with the math?

it's either 60 One Hundred pound bombs OR 24 One Thousand pound bombs, so one way or another yes, you are wrong ;)

Point is you are never going to stop the NOE buffs... unless you fly with a 30mm.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Solution?
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2004, 10:42:35 AM »
This buff situation has a problem..... It is a combination of the buff being to soft and the guns being to powerful......
I mean look at it... we all know the American buffs came home shredded and half thier crews getting hosed out of the back of the planes.. What was left of them... Sure they shot down a bunch of German fighters ... Hell they didn't all die on one frickin pass.... These things took one heck of a pounding before they went down...  We despiritly need to bring this gun thing back to some reallitiy.....  
I know I spell like HT....

Gatr

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: Re: Re: EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2004, 10:52:43 AM »
Originally posted by Alpo

Point is you are never going to stop the NOE buffs... unless you fly with a 30mm.

It's not NOE buff's per se ... it's the NOE buff formations that is really porking gameplay. It's an exploit of a feature put in to foster and support long range strategic bombing. If the NOE's were coming in as singles no one would be saying a word. But if they were coming in as singles they wouldn't be coming in at all.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2004, 12:49:02 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
... it's the NOE buff formations that is really porking gameplay.  

And the solution is?...  If you say perk formations :lol  

I have said any NOE should be exposed to  a large amount of ground fire which should alert anyone in the area that something is coming.  Put some of the manable 5" guns you find on ships outside of the base perimeter along with some AI puffy ack.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EVER HEAD OF THE DAM BUSTERS
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2004, 12:51:17 PM »
Originally posted by Alpo
And the solution is?...  If you say perk formations :lol  

I have said any NOE should be exposed to  a large amount of ground fire which should alert anyone in the area that something is coming.  Put some of the manable 5" guns you find on ships outside of the base perimeter along with some AI puffy ack.

With the morons already porking troops and radar, what makes you think serious AAA would survive any better?

Perking formations makes sense to me - at lest from forward bases.