Author Topic: Constant short screen freezes in Ozkansas  (Read 408 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Constant short screen freezes in Ozkansas
« on: November 05, 2004, 09:33:24 AM »
Title says it all.  Ozkansas map is pretty much unplayable for me.  Can't relate freezes directly to anything.  Happens sometimes on changing view, sometimes on closure with another plane, sometimes it just seems to do it for no reason.  There also seems to be a general frame rate hit and increased lag.

How  much of a problem?  Typical sortie = about 40 freezes.  Only experiencing this on Ozkansas map.  Other maps fine.  Can't play til map changes I guess.

FX5700
DX 9.0c
XP2600
A7N9X-X
SBLive
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 12:05:44 PM »
What is your system memory usage showing in the game?

HiTech

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 10:06:06 PM »
SystemMem 511.5M  Used 350.0M Tex = 82.1M
VideoMem 130.0M Used 27.7M Cnt = 0

Just noted btw that  the freezes also occur while moving from one field to another whilst in tower.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 04:20:26 AM »
About the same usage here... (aside from the fact that I don't load tex. into mem.).  I get some nasty freezing too. Most of which happens in situations like dantoo described above... especailly if bombs are being dropped nearby.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:48:37 AM »
yes, i get random screen jomps on ozkansas too, sometimes it is just near certain bases.....

forgot which, but i believe i posted about it before, a certain base giving bad FR, all other bases enarby smooth.

my memory usage is about the same as posted above and here is DX info:

http://home.wi.rr.com/jabostaffelhq/dxdiag.htm

at the bottom of site is AH video settings.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 07:25:06 AM »
Over the last two weeks I've been getting the same thing. Only its not just on this map.

Typically happens when Im goinig into a roll or hard turn but sometimes but not very often when Im just flying staight.

Havent checked memory usage yet.
But I have tried uninstalling Adaware (seemed to happen right after I installed that) And even rolled back my system to before Adaware.

That having failed I Junked the game and tried re-installing that (two days ago) Which is what fixed it the last time I had this problem.

Cant say about the other maps as we've only been on this one since the reinstall. but I've noticed no difference.
Will monitor mem usage tonight and let ya's know
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 09:10:43 AM »
yes i started getting lag too friday night ,,,strange cuse b4 that was no problum,,,i tried runnin system maintinance but no help
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 12:06:54 PM »
Screen freezes/stutters, lag, miniwarps are all being discussed by numerous players on OZ. It is also an FR eater.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 12:25:38 PM »
HTC was having connectivity issues upstream from them all weak. The lag may be a coincidence with the map.

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 12:33:31 PM »
Either Ozkansas has a problem,are quite a few players don't have enough puter to get a satisfacory frame rate.I too have noticed all the warping,screen freezes,etc,and the game for me is unplayable.My system isn't a slouch,and I run with everything adjusted for performance.I guess the biggest problem I have with Ozkznsas, is that it's so large that reset is nearly impossible.
I hope that Oz is fixed,are pulled from the rotation,as that seems to me to be the only solution.
IronDog

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 09:32:39 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
HTC was having connectivity issues upstream from them all weak. The lag may be a coincidence with the map.
that is true DoK, but unfortunatly on my FE it is the map itself.

before AHII ozkansas was ok, but had a few bug, and gave some freezes, and other oddities randomlly. IIRC something was said to the effect it had more "objects" than any other map in the past.

whatever the case it was not enough for me to make a post regarding the very minor incidents.

now in AHII talking with others alot of the stuff is only happening on ozkansas... it cam up last time the map was up, and alot of people were going wtf. now the map back after a few weeks the same oddities are crepping up.

just my thoughts on the matter

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
On Oz I've been getting white screen flashes as I change views
I set my video preferences in game back to default instead of high performance and it seems so far to have reduced the times it happens
Not on right now, but next time I up will pay attn to the memory usage

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 11:54:03 AM »
Oz I'm sure contributes to the problem. Once you get a few people's machines lagging from the rendering then lag starts to accumulate. There are spots on this terrain where my frames drop below 20 - especially near fields.

But some of the issues we had last week were related to the upstream connection to HTC's servers (i.e. if htc.com is offline like it was last week, it ain't Oz). And of course any time there's an update that also throws an unknown into the mix.

But in general ... yeah ... Oz is a bear on frame rate.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 12:22:18 PM »
Originally posted by Nwbie
On Oz I've been getting white screen flashes as I change views
I set my video preferences in game back to default instead of high performance and it seems so far to have reduced the times it happens
Not on right now, but next time I up will pay attn to the memory usage

NwBie
yeah that too... going to and from gun zoom the textures reload or something, everything i a white checkerboard, slowly re-filling