Author Topic: Naming of fields  (Read 571 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Naming of fields
« on: August 15, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
Is there any pattern for naming of the fields in the MA? I ask because when someone mentions a particular field on the radio (for example, "C47 at A17") it often takes forever for me to find that field on the map. There is probably some logic to the naming of fields, but it's not obvius to me.

Thanks,
myelo
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Naming of fields
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2000, 02:12:00 AM »
When the map resets you will see it divided into 3 parts. A North-eastern, a North-western and a south.

Fields from #1-12 is at north-eastern, #13-24 north-western and #25-36 is southern. Then there is the last field #37 that is located in the northeast.

As for a pattern in this I made a little "connect the numbers" that show that both northern countries have the same setup (apart from A1 and A37.)
For all the countries its the case that their fields with low numbers (#13-18 of the northwest's #13-24) are "frontier fields", that is based on close to the enemy country. these fields are also "small" (just one runway) whereas the highest numbers (#23 and #24) are the large fields (At about 5K and three runways). Fields in between this (#19-22) will be medium fields.

You can then transform this to any of the other countries (still with the exception of A1 and A37)

With this in mind you will eventual get the hang of each fields location.

----------
Snefens
-=Aces High Training Corps=-

[This message has been edited by LLv34_Snefens (edited 08-16-2000).]
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"