Author Topic: The spread of Islam to western europe  (Read 1021 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
The spread of Islam to western europe
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 04:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
There are no head scarfs in france, we get the picture straffo :aok

hehe :)

There is muslims here nothing spectacular or dramatic.
Don't forget that a grand majority of this muslims come from our former colonies and have a sort of European coloration.
They can't be compared to the middle-east muslim in fact they have a complete different culture.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 04:49:45 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
I'm going to Amsterdam next week with my girlfriend. Definitely planning on visiting the Anne Frank museum. Might visit a cafe or two. Anyone got any other places of interest they'd recommend?

Youre bringing your girl to Amsterdam?

Thats like bringing sand to the beach.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 05:25:38 PM »
That Van gogh guy was a far right **** , not surprising what happened to him.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 05:38:53 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
I'm going to Amsterdam next week with my girlfriend. Definitely planning on visiting the Anne Frank museum. Might visit a cafe or two. Anyone got any other places of interest they'd recommend?
Dowd, The Anne Franck Huis is at 263 Prinsengracht, not far from the Westerkerk - Amsterdam's tallest building. The Westerkerk is very plain inside - not worth bothering with. But... opposite Anne Franck's house on the other side of Prinsengracht, there is a shop selling marvellous porcelain and mosaics - worth going in to see.

The RLD has it's ups and downs, no pun intended. Last time I was there was with two Yanks right after the 2002 flightsim Eurocon. What a load of old slappers we saw then.

If your gf is openminded, there's always the Banana Club. On second thoughts...

Chortle - I went on that cat sanctuary barge. It was tea time for the kitties, and they were being fed raw chicks - barely old enough to have been hatched. I'll never forget the overpowering smell of cat piss on that barge.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2004, 05:49:07 PM »
You're right Saintaw.  How DARE HE speak his mind!  And about women's rights, no less!  He obviously had a death wish.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 05:52:52 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
That Van gogh guy was a far right **** , not surprising what happened to him.

Gotta love the tolerance in Europe. Every few generations another group just seems to have it to coming to them, eh Saw?

How does this usually go over there. First you build virulent consensus against a view. Then you ban books or punish people who write books with thart view. Then you skip all the sissy crap and just get right to murder...

Ok now that i got that out of the way.. ;)

Seriously SAW I think its pretyy damning of the state of european culture today when you feel comfortable in saying that you are not surprised that somebody got murdered for holding a particular political point of view. Artenmt you concerned at saying that?

It seems that murdering conservative politicans and theorists is a fast growing sport in that part of the world...

Imagine how you might react if an american said some polician or theorisat was killed because they supported the UN and that we didnt find his death surprisng because those views get people killed here..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 06:09:44 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: The spread of Islam to western europe
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 05:53:46 PM »
Whats it like in western europe with all of the muslim immigration from africa and the middle east these past 30 or so years.  

I read about the Van Gogh dude getting his throat slashed while riding his bike to work in hAMSTERDAM, city of free love and narcotics for all.  Some morrocan muslim apparently didnt like what Van Gogh had to say about Islam being mean to women so he chased him down and brutally murdered him.  I guess alot of immigrant muslims are very unhappy with their western european hosts.

No worse than the anti-abortion Christian lunies going around murdering Doctors. Now, the difference is that the Islamic lunies are brought up in an environment where killing for Islam is generally accepted, and whereas IMHO the Christian lunies have to make a much bigger mental/moral jump to the bombing-the-clinic result.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 06:05:24 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Youre bringing your girl to Amsterdam?

Thats like bringing sand to the beach.

Dude you slay me thats sign material now for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 06:10:31 PM »
yeah, go visit the site where Van Gogh was shot multiple times, chased down the street, had his throat slit, then had a 5 page muslim manifesto stabbed to his chest (all because he was critical of the way muslims treat women), and pay your respects.  Since your there you might as well leave flowers or something....then go to the hardcore muslim part of town and tell those people to be tolerant and see where you end up.

Yes it is rather interesting whats going on over there these days isnt it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2004, 06:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
snipped-->.

Chortle - I went on that cat sanctuary barge. It was tea time for the kitties, and they were being fed raw chicks - barely old enough to have been hatched. I'll never forget the overpowering smell of cat piss on that barge.
Oh crap Beetle, you've just ruined a perfectly good and idealised notion of quaint animal welfare. Dont want to ruin it but this would be a perfect opportunity for a good old fashioned Grauniad reader bashing ;)

Last time I was there we didn't get that close to the barge, plus luckily it was about - 15C at the end of March so I couldn't smell a thing.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2004, 06:15:07 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
You're right Saintaw.  How DARE HE speak his mind!  And about women's rights, no less!  He obviously had a death wish.

And in a country that touts itself as being so tolerant and accepting too!
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The spread of Islam to western europe
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2004, 08:51:50 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
No worse than the anti-abortion Christian lunies going around murdering Doctors. Now, the difference is that the Islamic lunies are brought up in an environment where killing for Islam is generally accepted, and whereas IMHO the Christian lunies have to make a much bigger mental/moral jump to the bombing-the-clinic result.

ancient history

pls post a bombing or abort doc killing in the last 5 years?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2004, 08:53:02 PM »
Eagler 5 years is not ancient history, of course not literly and certainly not in the way you mean it.  For example 911 was only 3 years ago, is that just old history now?

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: The spread of Islam to western europe
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2004, 10:09:09 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
ancient history

pls post a bombing or abort doc killing in the last 5 years?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_viol.htm

1 Murder and 16 bombings in the last 5 years.

Gee Eagler, maybe you should clean up your own back yard ;)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2004, 10:16:45 PM »
Hey leave the poor Clogistanis alone.