Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #360 on: November 18, 2004, 03:09:24 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Damn... I love 109's.  :(

I think most of that comes from AW though... where I was of the mindset that I couldnt be caught dead flying around the VOD in a Dweebfire in the RR arena.  ;)

Az were definately the pirates.
Bz were the snipers (with deathgrip)
Cz were the Olsen twins.

My first balsa model (where you had to CUT your own stringers, frames and chords from the balsa wood with a pattern) was a 109 when I was 11. Then I grew up and learned to love the F4U. :D

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2004, 03:28:52 PM »
I actually read each and every post in this thread. What I see is the same things happening in this thread as what happened in the thread about the missing explosives. People jumping to conclusions before an investigation has time to run its course. (Blah blah blah Free Shrek2 DVD blah blah blah)

Like I always do, I am gonna wait until the investigation is over. The Marine Corps will deal with this young man in an appropriate way whatever the outcome.

GS.....where is your outrage for all the violations of the GC by the insurgents? Where is your outrage for the innocent civilians that were murdered in Falujah by the insurgents? Why all the outrage over a video tape that most likely doesnt tell the entire story?

GS in America everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I am a firm believer in that policy. When that Marine is proven guilty by a Court Martial, only then by American law and American Military law is he guilty.

What will you do GS if the Marines investigating this incident decide the shooting was justified? Will you just disappear from this thread with no comment like you do in all other threads that dont pan out for you? Or will you apologize for insults thrown?

Just before I graduated from high school my dad told me.....It takes a man to say, I was wrong and I'm sorry. Are you a man GS?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #362 on: November 18, 2004, 06:35:08 PM »
GSholz says.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The military tribunal will decide. Somehow I've got the feeling that they will prove the murderous fascists prettythangholes in this thread wrong.

Naw, I'm quite grateful the German Nazis were defeated. I'm just worried how much it will cost us to stop the American Nazis. That's all ...

No but they are evidently murderous.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man you got issues with the U.S. :(
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2004, 06:41:56 PM »
Damn it, we're talking about being pirates here. Stop changing the subject!
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #364 on: November 18, 2004, 06:51:33 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Naw, I'm quite grateful the German Nazis were defeated. I'm just worried how much it will cost us to stop the American Nazis. That's all ...

Sionce it obviously costs nothing to stop people on this board, who are all powerless, you must be tossing that accusation to, other, more significant "American Nazis" that migh need stopping.

Who would that be?

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2004, 07:04:20 PM »
...Skuzzy?  :(

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2004, 07:20:08 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie

GS in America everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

That's Bull**** and you know it. Guantamo is full of men who has been imprisoned for over two years without a chance to be heard in the court. That much about your "everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court".

It takes a man to say, I was wrong and I'm sorry. Are you a man GS?

Are you?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2004, 07:41:18 PM »
And hundreds have been released from Gitmo too, proving that there is a system to judge the detainees guilt or innocence...

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2004, 07:49:27 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
That's Bull**** and you know it. Guantamo is full of men who has been imprisoned for over two years without a chance to be heard in the court. That much about your "everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court".

Pray tell... what is wrong with what we are doing in G-mo?

(aside from the fact that there arent any Pirates there)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2004, 07:49:40 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Oh man... I just read the Marines served ham sandwiches to the 47 starving Iraqi citizens.... This is just... inhumane.  As an American I am overcome with shame at the insensitivity of these Marines to pull this cruel, hellish stunt... Really... How in the HELL can one eat a ham sandwich without Gray Poupon?

:confused:

Marlon Brando put it best

"the Horror..the horror"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2004, 07:50:57 PM »
Grun Sir.....

Don't bother to even reply to that crap. It will not make a differance what ya say....he and others here will just look for another reason to bash the U.S.

Be great if sometime when a "U.S." Thread comes along that they need to start with the Nazi name calling stuff......noone replied.

In fact....Almost be nice if any thread started by a few of these haters NEVER got replied to and were locked automatically.

Couple in this thread OUGHT to be banned period. IMO
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2004, 08:05:30 PM »
Originally posted by Staga

Are you?

What do I have to be sorry for Staga? Have I called people murderous nazis? Have I insulted anyone?

The issue with people being held in Guantanamo Bay will be decided in the courts. I am not a lawyer, nor do I know the legalities of holding foreign nationals in our jails.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2004, 08:17:35 PM »
GS you are absolutely over the line.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2004, 08:22:17 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Hitler had a system to determine guilt or innocence too, and hundreds were released! Go America! Perhaps you should relocate them to the east? The final solution to terrorism!

Thats just ridiculous GS...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2004, 08:26:04 PM »
It would appear, the enemy combatants dont quite meet the qualifications for POW status

According to the Geneva convention that is

seems they dont quite fulfill the conditions that need to be met to fall under militia status as well as at least one all important condidtion "Following the laws and customs of war"

"Article 4

A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) That of carrying arms openly;

(d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

3. Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.

4. Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model.

5. Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law.

6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

B. The following shall likewise be treated as prisoners of war under the present Convention:

1. Persons belonging, or having belonged, to the armed forces of the occupied country, if the occupying Power considers it necessary by reason of such allegiance to intern them, even though it has originally liberated them while hostilities were going on outside the territory it occupies, in particular where such persons have made an unsuccessful attempt to rejoin the armed forces to which they belong and which are engaged in combat, or where they fail to comply with a summons made to them with a view to internment.

2. The persons belonging to one of the categories enumerated in the present Article, who have been received by neutral or non-belligerent Powers on their territory and whom these Powers are required to intern under international law, without prejudice to any more favourable treatment which these Powers may choose to give and with the exception of Articles 8, 10, 15, 30, fifth paragraph, 58-67, 92, 126 and, where diplomatic relations exist between the Parties to the conflict and the neutral or non-belligerent Power concerned, those Articles concerning the Protecting Power. Where such diplomatic relations exist, the Parties to a conflict on whom these persons depend shall be allowed to perform towards them the functions of a Protecting Power as provided in the present Convention, without prejudice to the functions which these Parties normally exercise in conformity with diplomatic and consular usage and treaties.

C. This Article shall in no way affect the status of medical personnel and chaplains as provided for in Article 33 of the present Convention. "
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 08:29:16 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty