Author Topic: 8 Golly-geen years????  (Read 942 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 10:59:11 AM »
I'm usually on the side of stiff punishment, but I'm not so sure that 8 years isn't stiff punishment for what the kid did.  And he most certainly is a kid, and prone to not thinking about the end result of his actions.  I suppose it depends on what is meant by: "According to a court document, the boy knew exactly what was going on.".  If he knew they planned on bombing the train station, then it's lethal injection time, I don't care if he's 16.  If he just knew they were stealing explosives, then I can understand the 8 years.  Of course, it really doesn't matter what I think since I ain't Spanish and don't know anyone who got killed.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline jEEZY

• Copper Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 11:03:04 AM »
A shame all around dont you think?

an aside: I generally am not in favor of our federal sentencing guidlines, but a quick look through them right now tells me that had that kid done his deed here (the US) he would be up for at least ten years given the nature of the crime.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 11:39:20 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
I think it would all depend on whether the kid knew what the explosives were going to be used for. If he didn't he's actually not guilty of anything more than accessory to theft.

Boy, you are "Mr. Devil's Advocate" on every post in here.  You are so juvenile.   Get a fuggin life.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004, 11:45:06 AM »
Yep he was just an innocent kid. Those evil train passengers had it coming anyhow. Every 16 year old in todays world knows there is absolutely nothing wrong with smuggling dynamite into an urban area. After all it is used just about every day there to make the world a better place. I can't see any possible reason the kid should have to feel bad after hiding from the Police and delivering dynamite to people in the city.  

:rolleyes:

Some people seem to think every terrorist act has some justification. They need to get a clue.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 12:06:51 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Some people seem to think every terrorist act has some justification. They need to get a clue.

And then others are just condescending sweetheart bags who can't bear to think that someone else may have a different opinion than them without having devious motives.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 12:09:32 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Actually I'm quite serious, and so is the Spanish court of law.

I have a life, but thanks for your concern.

No, I've discovered the name of your pathetic game.  Spain?, I never mentioned Spain.   Go do some dishes.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004, 12:34:38 PM »
I guess it all comes down to 'beyond reasonable doubt' rather than 'balance of probabilities'. AFAIK, most criminal courts around the world use the former in judgement.

And why drag the alledged marine war crimes into this? Sounds reminiscent of the German defence of the Dinant massacres of WW1.

"They didn't shoot any civilians, but if they did, they were provoked."

No justification at all I'm afraid, if true - and that hasn't been proven yet.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
8 Golly-geen years????
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2004, 12:51:10 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

And you dont steal explosives of that nature just for chuckles

I personally know 3 guys who did just that, stole from rock quarry. set them off in open field for laughs.
and went on a fishing trip afterwards.
they were caught and sentenced. 2 yrs suspended for 5 yrs probation, something like that.
was in the 70's. can't remb exact.