Author Topic: Pyro, it's screen shot contest time for AH2 website!  (Read 1927 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Pyro, it's screen shot contest time for AH2 website!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 04:39:35 PM »
well ded, those guys can stay in the MA when TOD is released.

i know Wolfala quite well and the mutual respect shows.

s'pose 50% of MA population you just can't reach.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Langford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 05:15:07 PM »
any nice B-17 pics:)?

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 06:17:11 PM »
Batfink, nice pics but really...that dora is making you soft ;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004, 07:52:48 PM »
500 MPH Kill ...

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 12:29:07 AM »
It's no good if you go and PHOTOSHOP the images, people. They are supposed to be screenshots, not fantasy art. I'm not naming names, but I'd refrain from posting anything up for official screenshots if you have altered the photo, rather than just cropping and whatnot.

It's misleading. It's especially so if it is posted on HTC.com as an official screenshot.

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2004, 01:02:23 AM »
I was right about to ask what kind of video cards some of you guys are running.  Especially mechanic's since there are all those parts flying everywhere. I have a fairly decent card and I know mine doesnt do that. Maybe they were photoshopped?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 01:52:02 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
It's no good if you go and PHOTOSHOP the images, people. They are supposed to be screenshots, not fantasy art. I'm not naming names, but I'd refrain from posting anything up for official screenshots if you have altered the photo, rather than just cropping and whatnot.

It's misleading. It's especially so if it is posted on HTC.com as an official screenshot.

Who photoshopped?  I used the filmviewer, found the shot I wanted and got it to the angle I wanted.  Made the film viewer full screen and used  Hypersnap DX to get the screenshot.

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 02:31:12 AM »

Who said it was official?  jesus relax.

Nice work Batfink :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2004, 03:27:24 AM »
.........I'm not naming names.......  

thanks krusty, this is almost more insulting than if you had made it a direct attack at me :)

good point, although only two of them are edited. only to get rid of the poor hit sprites. Sorry, im a perfectionist when it come to art and visuals, i would have liked to do alot more work on them.

thanks octavius :)

batfink

EDIT: Chortle, you're right, i must be getting soft. lol.  time to get back in the spitV/hurricane and HO/RAM/VULCH anyone i see.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 09:09:10 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2004, 11:41:02 AM »
Well mechanic, they look good none the less.. Maybe HiTech can take a look at them and make the game look like that. :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2004, 11:58:50 AM »
The b24s on the first post with the massive sun glare look "touched up" and I can't be sure if there are really that many 24s or if they were cut and pasted. Just doesn't look like anything you'd find in AH lol.

Note: the sun glare may be some super-duper-high-end video setting that I don't get because my PC is not that great, but it just doesn't look like anything I've seen.

The FW/Spit is also another.

Mechanic, no offense intended. I think it does look good. But on the first post of this thread, the topic was about submitting screenshots for AH's screenshots page. Thus why I made my post about not photoshopping.

I feel if it's going to be on HTC.com, it should be authentic, and not promise visual effects that aren't really in the game.

If you look at all the great AH1 screenshots, they are straight from the game, yet still grab the interest of those looking at them.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2004, 12:44:34 PM »
Damn!

I have to get my new machine rollin, the game is looking great.

;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2004, 03:26:46 PM »
The b24s on the first post with the massive sun glare look "touched up" and I can't be sure if there are really that many 24s or if they were cut and pasted. Just doesn't look like anything you'd find in AH lol.

Note: the sun glare may be some super-duper-high-end video setting that I don't get because my PC is not that great, but it just doesn't look like anything I've seen.

The FW/Spit is also another.

Mechanic, no offense intended. I think it does look good. But on the first post of this thread, the topic was about submitting screenshots for AH's screenshots page. Thus why I made my post about not photoshopping.

I feel if it's going to be on HTC.com, it should be authentic, and not promise visual effects that aren't really in the game.

If you look at all the great AH1 screenshots, they are straight from the game, yet still grab the interest of those looking at them.

honest to god (who mostly for me, is HT), the B24s are from a squad mission, totaly un-edited.

The 109 has a brief attemot to obsure the horrible hit sprite.

the spit and 190 have alot of debris but the sun is exact from AH2, i only used MS paint, i dont have photoshop.

the p38 and 190 has the smallest edit of the 'thumbs up' and the pilot's head is now looking at the lightning.

i think the Bottom one is therefore the only one that could be accepted then, as Mitsu has far better B-24 shots.

notice that the AH1 screenies on the HT page look better from their clouds than these lot atmouspherically anyone?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2004, 03:41:13 PM »
Krusty ...

So I suggest here that we post screen shots for collecting HTC's next screen shot page.

Notice "suggest" in Mitsu's original post. Now has Pyro or anyone from HTC posted in this thread to officially sanction the acceptance of any screen shot posted in this thread and what would be the official requirements of what they would accept.

No ? ... thats what I thought.

With that in mind, don't you think that if Pyro was to use any of these screen shots, he could easily tell the ones that have been doctored ... I think so.

So without further a-do, you have been relieved of your "Hall Monitor" status ... thank you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2004, 04:11:51 PM »

That screen is not touched up.

Believe it or not, subscribers can *actually* see more than just 8 Liberators outside of H2H land :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]