Author Topic: Help on 190A5  (Read 727 times)

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Help on 190A5
« on: August 26, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
OK - I've been flying the A5 since it came out, and almost exclusively for a fighter the last couple of tours. I abandoned the A8 during beta (?) because it seemed to be such a pig. I do pretty well, relatively speaking in the A5. Most of my deaths lately have been as Mr. Gump says "Stupid is as Stupid does". I need help in a couple of areas:

1. Supersonic deaths. Diving in on con, gather speed and all of a sudden you are locked up. No amount of trim or stick will get you out and you are six feet under. I seem to do this quite a bit since I am trying to keep SA and figure out how to get the con at the same time. (Sure would like audio/visual indications before it is too late.)   How do you know that you are pushing the envelope here? What do you do to keep speed up, but not too fast? Seems the alternative is to either "work" you way down spiraling (losing all that hard earned E) or ignoring the con.

2. Reversals. What is the best way to reverse the A5 while conserving E? Against co-alt cons at speeds of 250-300? How about cons passing 12->6 below you? (I typically use split s but it gets me in trouble a lot).

Sorry long winded. Would love some advice, especially from the 190A5 experten. Please no rants.

------------------
Sour
JG-2 Richthofen

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 08-26-2000).]

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Help on 190A5
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »
Rant, Rant, Rant,Rant, Rant, Rant Rant, Rant, Rant Rant, Rant, Rant Rant, Rant, Rant Rant, Rant, Rant  

MarkAT

P.S. Sorry, don't fly it very much at all, will let someone who knows the plane help you with this one.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Nath-BDP

Help on 190A5
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2000, 12:17:00 PM »
umm you can't realy conserve E in a scissors now, perhaps after patch you might be able to.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Help on 190A5
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2000, 01:43:00 PM »
Errr...sour...You said it all. You left flying Fw190A8, and that is what loses you.

answer to 1):I never go faster than 510 IAS in a dive. The compressibility happens at 540-550 IAS (at 10K or so), so there is no way I can compress the 190.

Answer to 2): REverse like in a Fw190A8. Fly A5 like a 190A8. The most common error in MA is to see fw190A5s turnfighting. Sure, they can turn very well at hispeeds. The problem is that they wont be at hispeed if they turn too much.

So BnZ. Best way to reverse?->always in any plane keeping E up?, low G immelmann. There is no secret it it, the problem is that depending the situation, a high yoyo can be more adequate,or a hammerhead, or a tight immelmann or a...you get my point.

I tell you seriously, if you want to master the A5, master A8 first. Fly both equal, and you'll find that A5 keeps E much better, and close fights very well too. Use the first to E-fight. use the latter to defensive moves. But dont try to close fight on the offensive because you wont be able to keep it for long.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Help on 190A5
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2000, 11:53:00 AM »
I've been flying the 190A% a fair amount lately. While I'm no pro at it I've had fair success with it. I also noticed the compression problems.

Try going to setup/sound and turning everything down to 50% and turn wind up to 100%. Makes a BIG difference on being able to judge your speed better in a dogfight.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
Scenario Corp, AH Trainer Corp

Nath-BDP

Help on 190A5
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2000, 12:17:00 PM »
Or don't fly A5 at all, you get bad habits in every plane flying it.   A8 rules...

------------------
Geschwaderkommodore JG 54
"Grünherz"

Aces High Scenario Corps

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-27-2000).]

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Help on 190A5
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2000, 05:17:00 AM »
fly the fw190a5 like a barbiefire thats what it is  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013