Author Topic: Spongebob Squarepants Movie!  (Read 454 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Spongebob Squarepants Movie!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 11:12:22 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Gunslinger,

Not projected at anyone specifically.  Having watched the Saturday morning episodes a few times I just can't understand its' popularity.

One word.....shear stupidity

That's what makes it funny.  I watch it with my kids every now ant then and some of the tounge in cheek stuff that they come up with is lost on the kids but hilarious to adults.  

I'm happy that hollywood is coming up with kids shows that do apeal to adults.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 08:40:11 AM »
"SpongeBob SquarePants" has been the top-ranked Saturday morning cartoon for almost three of its five years on Nickelodeon. And it's not just kids watching. Of the 57.8 million people who watch "SpongeBob" every month, some 13.1 million are teenagers, and an amazing 20.4 million are adults, aged 18-49.

But why?

"It's about keeping your kid-nature in life and not totally becoming a curmudgeon," Hillenburg said. "As we get older it gets harder to do that."

:aok

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 10:58:31 AM »
The episode with the bad word cracked me up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Yellow , absorbent and porous is he.

If nautical nonsense be something you wish,

then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 11:08:26 AM »
Ya know,
 I made some shooting targets of old "SB" and took them to the range. I was barely out of the range before the lead started flying!
 Then while I was at a local store I found some small (about 4 inches square) "SB" critters (stuffed animals kind of things). Well  again I took some of them to the club and put them in a skeet tosser and let one fly. There was more fire going up than Berlin on a saturday night in 1943
 I have stoped handleing anything "SB" for fear of my own life!

:aok
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 11:17:14 AM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
Ya know,
 I made some shooting targets of old "SB" and took them to the range. I was barely out of the range before the lead started flying!
 Then while I was at a local store I found some small (about 4 inches square) "SB" critters (stuffed animals kind of things). Well  again I took some of them to the club and put them in a skeet tosser and let one fly. There was more fire going up than Berlin on a saturday night in 1943
 I have stoped handleing anything "SB" for fear of my own life!

You must have been shooting with these people

PS, don't look rip!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 11:33:47 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Curval CatDo was created by some kid.  He won a contest and the winners cartoon became a real show.  Catdog was his.

Well the kid should be strung up.

What a pile of garbage that cartoon is.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2004, 12:36:35 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
You must have been shooting with these people

PS, don't look rip!

Is that webpage real or a hoax? If its real, anyone who believes that stuff should have itself admitted to a hospital with nice warm white coats and soft bouncy rubber walls.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2004, 12:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Is that webpage real or a hoax? If its real, anyone who believes that stuff should have itself admitted to a hospital with nice warm white coats and soft bouncy rubber walls.

I don't know if it is a SLN skit or what, here is the homepage http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

Some of the ads are pretty funny "accept Jesus and get a free playstation2!"

Oh, and the x-mas thong "what would Jesus do?"

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2004, 01:49:20 PM »
Man, SBSP RULES!!! My whole family loves that show. Don't know if I'll see the movie, though. It'll be filled with toddlers and infants who're really too young to be in a movie theater. The squealingyellingcrying could be quite annoying and distracting. Will definitely catch the DVD when it comes out.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
Ok, I am with Shuckins on this one.  I tried to watch the TV show a couple of times (the Wife loves it) and it just irritates me, and I have a pretty good sense of humor.
I just dunt get it.

The Wife is going alone to see this one.  No way am I going to volunteer for this type of abuse.  If I want mental anguish, I have you guys to handle that.  :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com