Author Topic: low frame rate  (Read 216 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
low frame rate
« on: November 20, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »
every time the trinity map come up my frame rate drops to 19-25 in the tower or at 10k makes little difference.  This happens on all of the extra large maps, that have all the extra bases.  but is more prominent on trinity.

amd 2.7ghz
80gig western digital hd 7500rpm
gforce 4 ti 256meg video
1 gig of ram
dx9.0c
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
low frame rate
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 02:33:38 AM »
I would guess its your vid card. I'm running an ATI Radeon 9600 pro 128 meg card and take about a -5 to -10 frame hit on the larger maps and your system looks to be more powerfull than mine in all other aspects.
  seems to me AH2 dosn't like Gforce cards much.  My brother has one and he has alot more problems running the game than I do.
  Just my thoughts.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Diamond

• Zinc Member
low frame rate
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 09:48:10 AM »
I am running a slower system than the one listed on your post but I have had alot of trouble with frame rates but I'm getting better rates than the ones you posted.
The frame rate issue has caused me to reduce the eye candy to the absolute basics.  This doesnt bother me.  Alot of high hills on either side mean alot more ground clutter even when in the air. That's alot tougher on the frame rate.
You might have to revamp your setup a bit. ...lose the skins.. turn the settings all the way to performance....go 16 on the color set instead of 32....and turn off most of your background services before logging in.  
All together it seems to keep my FR at manageable levels unless I go GV hunting from the air...then we're back to suck city, so I just leave that chore to those with faster PCs and try to find something else useful to do.

Hope you find a way to get things back to functional