Author Topic: Training Squad project. Details:  (Read 593 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Training Squad project. Details:
« on: August 30, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
Posted in http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum11/HTML/000166.html  .
-------------------------------------------

Hello all.

I am currently working on an idea of a new "school squad", one that "trains" new people for 2 weeks and then gives them the choice of keep into the squadron or move away to let other people get experience in MA, while, at the same time, is a true and competitive squad.

I will soon create JG26 or Jg3 ( still trying to decide wich one), a squad that will grow slowly up to 16 people, training them and other people in the meantime. I am posting here my first drawing of the future JG3/26.

There will be two levels of membership. The Warrant Officer, and the Officer level.

WARRANT OFFICER LEVEL:

The warrant officers are the "newbie" people training and getting experience in the squad.

Instead of been trained in TA only,(there will be a fair part of TA training, too), this new squad will actively fly with newbies in Main Arena, to give them a correct sensation of Strategy, tactics, and teamwork, required to have fun on it.

Members on this level will never be more than two at the same time(three in the first call for members) to make possible for them to be surrounded by more experienced people and so be better protected ,able to raise some kills and have more fun.

The only requirement to be W.O. is to be a LEGAL MEMBER of Aces High, so the 2 week trial has ALREADY passed, and to want to have a fun time with the squad.

During the 2 weeks of this level the reclutee will choose the plane he wants to fly each sortie, and the assigned Officer winging him will fly the same plane. This way the new member will learn to fly all planes, their strenghts and weak points, and will have a better feeling on the right tactics to use in each one. There will be a natural focusing on German iron (one of each 3 sorties should be on a german plane) as the squad is a german one. This is a must be, because in the officer level the squad member will only fly German iron (well some casual sorties in other planes aren't banned     but only few ones each tour).

After 2 weeks of teamwork, training, and MA experience, the member will have the choice of stick with the squad, and becoming a officer, or leave it to join the one he wants and fits him better, as a more experienced pilot.

OFFICER LEVEL:

This level is the "real" JG3/26. Here there is the real core of the squad. After 2 weeks Warrant officers are given the choice of accepting the conditions of an officer,or leave and join the squad of their will. The rules of this new JG will be:

-THE OFFICERS WILL -ALWAYS- HELP ANY WARRANT OFFICER FIRST. If a W.O. calls you for help you will do it letting aside any other consideration.

-ONLY GERMAN IRON ALLOWED.unless you are winging with a Warrant officer and he wants to fly anything else. As Ju88s are coming, the buffs are INCLUDED in this category. not so C47s    

-THE OFFICERS WILL BE WILLING TO HELP ANY SQUADDIE IF CALLED FOR HELP, in any situation, any moment, regardless other considerations.

-THE OFFICERS WONT FLY AS SCOREpotatoS: Ack hugging is EXPRESSELY rejected (taking off from capped fields IS NOT ack huggin    ).

-THE OFFICERS WILL BE WILLING TO FIGHT unless this option is ruled out by big odds against them, heavy damage, no ammo (MGs COUNTS AS AMMO HERE), or fuel low.

There will be one CO (me), one XO and one communications officer. The XO will be chosen by me as the CO in my absence.

The communications officer is a way to say that, as I have no damned idea of HTML    , I need someone to volunteer to create and maintain a webpage of the squadron.

JG3/26 (Dang...I like more Jg26 but Jg3 is good too!!    ) will start at bishland. When the Officer force reaches 8, a votation will happen, and the country chosen in it will be the squad's homeland for the rest of the time.

The Officer force will stop at 16, after it, the training will still be up but no more officers will be allowed unless one resigns and abandons the squad.
----------------------------------------

Well the idea is there. I have very well formed the Officer level but will gratefully accept ideas on the Warrant Officer level.

Please feel free to give me any thoughts on this project, and email me (ebringas@airtel.net) if you want to be one of the 3 first W.O.s

Any thoughts?

--------------------------------------------

Here you go. If you want to be in the first W.O. group email me. If you have any thought, please feel free to post it.

Thanks in advance  

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2000, 05:26:00 AM »
Hey RAM!

Now this is a great idea - i believe some uf us had it before, but u r the first one to realize it.
This is a really good idea basically although i must say in this case a little too concerned about german planes. But thats probably because u like german planes so much and it is becoming a german squad (at least by the name).
I think i was great if other squads would do the same - 3 W.O. shouldnt be too many for squads which have many members that are frequent online. We all know that it is *really* difficult to learn to fly and then to get a kill in here and by that to have fun. If we scare off so many new players by not helping enough it wont become more fun for us - we know that *some people* are always complaining about the HO-dweebs   so by this way you could teach them better.

<S> RAM and thanks for beeing the first one to make this step.

------------------
CU

Purzel

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2000, 08:29:00 AM »
hehehe Purzel...about my "concern" with german planes...  

The "officer level" JG26 (already chose it   ) will fly only german iron. When I was in JG2 there were a lot of people flying La5s, Spitfires, C-hogs, P51s...and very few flying german planes. I didnt like it, if we were in a JG then we'd fly german iron.

But at the same time ,the in the early stages of JG2 (when we were only 20 people), it was for me the best school possible. So I thought in a squad that,being not too big, could train some newbies at the same time that it flies like a real squad.

The german "focusing" in the W.O. will ONLY Happen if he states that his will is to stay in the squad after his training period. If the W.O. states that he only wants to get experience and then search a squad that fits his tastes, then that focusing will simply not happen. Still we'll try to make them fly ALL the planes in the planeset. YOu only know an enemy when you have flown and killed in his plane.

We'll put emphasis in teamwork, and mutual cooperation. We'll try to implement the custom of calling sixes and diving to help teammates. We'll try also to teach them good ACMs so he can fly against an enemy without needing to HO it.

In short, we'll try to teach him all the things he will last a lot to learn alone.That way I learned to fly AH, in JG2, and that is my plan for the newbies coming here.

I am glad you like the idea. I hope it is a success, I'm putting a lot of faith and work in it.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-31-2000).]

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2000, 03:16:00 PM »
A great idea RAM, best of luck with it.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson