Author Topic: Handicap (mine)  (Read 669 times)

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Handicap (mine)
« on: August 31, 2000, 07:19:00 AM »
  Been flying WWII prop sims for about 3 years, and AH in the main arena since tour 4.
  Didn't do to badly in tours 4 and 5. Things began to go bad in 6, and since 7, I absolutly suck.
  How do I get some training? Do I just show up in the TA, or does it need to be scheduled?

thanx...
        ...Weave

Offline WizOfClay

• Zinc Member
Handicap (mine)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2000, 08:16:00 AM »
hi weave,

There are a few ways that you can get a trainer to train you.  you can just show up in the TA and ask for a trainer over the radio or you can e-mail one of the trainers to schedule a time...  their e-mail address are in the Help area under Aces High Trainers.  but i know that the trainers go through these posts and i'm pretty sure that they will reply to this post to arrange something...

see ya in the virtual skies  

------------------
Wiz of TSM

"Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die."
- Dave Matthews Band -

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Handicap (mine)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2000, 08:45:00 AM »
   Thanks Wiz!

...Weave

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Handicap (mine)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
When is a good time Weave?

Also what planes have you been flying?

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
Scenario Corp, AH Trainer Corp

eye

Handicap (mine)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
Anytime you want we can go to the ta.

You go high i will stay low and ill do my best to stay alive.For as long as you want.

Hehe what are squadies for

I fly with you every day bud. Your doing well in general.  Only one thing you need to do imo. Keep your alt longer. A little patients goes along way here. Staying above a fight and timeing your attack at the perfect time will get you the easy kills to put you over the top.

Also try to learn one plane.Stick with it for a couple of tours in a row.

Oh ya one more thing run more. The easiest way to improve on you killboard is to simply not die or ditch.
Fly not to die make that your mission not kills.

I bet you would be well over 1 to 1 k/d if you flew this way for a couple of weeks.It wont be as fun as tandb fighting but you will land more kills.

See you tonight online weave  Wtg on geting the training.

Maybe soon you can give me some tips

EYE

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Handicap (mine)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
I'm also free to help if ya need it bud. Just give me a yell...

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Handicap (mine)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2000, 03:10:00 PM »
   Thanks for all the support guys.
Ghosth, during the week I come to the MA every day from 4:00 pm PT till about 6:15 or so, and most mornings from 2:30 am till 4 am. I'm planning on checking the TA today at 4.
   I have flown all the planes in the set, it depends on the mission. If Im defending a capped field, I'll fly the zero or spit. For the altitude long range stuff I'll grab either La5, FW A-5 or P47-25.

Eye, thx bud! Overall my gunnery seems to be my biggest problem. Mostly even without an advantage I can usually get at least one good solution on a con, but fail to hit him. Last night I dove my FW-5 on a spit, had two primo solutions on him and missed. By then he had the advantage on me and would have gotten the kill but Purzel got him for me.
I also need some help with the high alt stuff. Last night again, at 15k at 300 mph in a P-38 I was out flat turned by a P-47 after a coalt merge. I stayed right on the edge of stall during the turn (buzzer would start, and I would ease off the stick). But the 47 came around on me first and got the kill shot. I fly the 47 a lot and know it won't out turn a straight line. So I must be doing something wrong I'm unaware of.
I have mostly given up on turn fighting till the new patch comes out. For now all planes (including spit and zero) bleed speed way too much in turns.
Thx for the offer, will probably take you up on it.

hblair, flown with you in the wee hours of the morning. Thx also, might call on you.

again, thanx all

...Weave