Author Topic: Pistons vs Pacers  (Read 2517 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 04:15:33 PM »
Originally posted by CAVY
I would agree with you..however on this one.....that fan got what he deserved

Just saw breif clips on the news. Saw a  couple fans get hit.

Which fan you talking about and what did he do to deserve it?

Short of the fan running out on the court and start wailing away on one of the players I cant think of very many excuses for a player ever being justified in hitting a fan ever.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 04:28:23 PM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud
that was F ing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

True Thug Life...

Cant take the ghetto out of the ghetto

I loved how Oneil..came sliding across the basketball floor to deliver the Haymaker to fat craker Piston fna who came down to the floor with his homeboy..

AHAHAHAHAH...he got punched in the face twice..!

Yea but the "cracker" was never brought down by a punch, he was basically bowled over.

Got hit in the face by a roundhouse right  from someone nearly twice his size and the dude barely flinched.

the player had size but when it comes to a fight brings nothing to the table

thats the part I find funny
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel

Still pretty enjoyable though. I loved watching O'Neal come sliding in and deck short fat white guy.

Yea but if you watch he didnt get knocked down by a punch.
We was slid into.

Hardly what I'd call getting decked
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »
Looks like the balance of power will shift AGAIN to west if Wallace, Artest, O'Neal (NOT SHAQ!), and some other foos are suspended indefinatley.

To be honest, I had fun! Those fans got what they deserve:rofl

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 04:37:30 PM »
Yeah the main aggressor asked for time off to promote his rap album...
But if you try to link this behavior to hip hop bling bling culture YOU'RE A RACIST!  :rolleyes:

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Re: Re: Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Racist.

I hope you're kidding.

Infering racism from a comment that is, in fact, a phrase first popularized by people, never mind their color, who owed much of their commercial success to the exact sort of conduct exhibited in yesterday's game, is absurd.

They behaved like morons. This is not indicative of their race, but rather, their status as spoiled overgrown children who, from their teenage years, are awarded hero status for their ability to play a game.  

Basketball, moreso than any other popular professional sport(including hockey), is a product of modern pop culture, I believe. That's why you get more basketball players moonlighting as musicians than you do football or baseball players. It has nothing to do with their color, rather, their fan base.  Calling him racist for using that term is akin to calling a person racist for refering to Britney Spears as trailor trash because of the clothing she wears.

Of course, there will always be people who take any reference, however obscure, subtle or non-specific, as a direct slight against an entire race. It's like you feel the need to get offended on their behalf, even though they never asked for, nor are in need of your support.

The fact that you immediately see the need to step in and toss around accusations on behalf of a highly varied, proud group of people--a people who are anything BUT represented by this select group of riff-raff--says more about your own stereotypes and yes, veiled preconceptions of Afro-Americans than it does about the guy who uses a Tupac quote to laugh at a bunch of guys that totally fit the mold.

Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 04:56:07 PM by Neubob »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 04:59:57 PM »
Airhead got... [/i][/b]

Offline CAVY

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 05:18:49 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Just saw breif clips on the news. Saw a  couple fans get hit.

Which fan you talking about and what did he do to deserve it?

Short of the fan running out on the court and start wailing away on one of the players I cant think of very many excuses for a player ever being justified in hitting a fan ever.

agreed..however their was one who initially threw the beer at Artess as he was on the table..but all in all, I'm in full agreement with you as the day progressed.  I was able to examine it alot closer

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 05:30:43 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Airhead got... [/i]

(Image removed from quote.) [/B]

OMFG Damn near blew my drink through my nose

Too funny
Gotta save that before it goes away.
and its sure to go away

BTW. Im IN
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 05:32:04 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Airhead got... [/i]

(Image removed from quote.) [/B]

OMFG LOL

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 05:48:26 PM »
Holy Christwagons, check this out. Too weird...

I went to ESPN to look for the video (still haven't found the damn thing) and ended up at their bulletin board. A post caught my eye; "I was at the game: my story".

Here's what the dude posted:

"It was my child's first Piston game. He's 11 years old and has down syndrome. He was having a great time at the game. I bought him popcorn and a lot of Pepsi. Then at the end when we were ready to leave, Ron Artest jumps in the audience and starts punching people. There was another small 11 year old boy sitting in front of me and Artest's blood splattered all over him. My own son, not knowing any better, licked the blood from the other child.

This morning I went to the doctor and my son was tested HIV positive. Artest ruined my life. That dumb ******."

Can this be for real? Doesn't really matter, that was a damn great post.

Anyways, contrary to what some people see as this type of thing ruining sports, I disagree. Hell, if I was guaranteed a brawl every time I tuned in, I would actually start watching that stupid sport.

When I was living in NYC, I used to go down to the public basketball courts on weekends and evenings and play in pick-up games. I was like Woody Harrelson in that movie - but with a tenth of the talent. Those guys were hella good. It was fun, if you didn't mind the smack talk and waiting out the huge arguments that erupted between the two teams after every single gawdamned fricken basket.

Playing is definitely better than watching it, tho. But I would make an exception if I was guaranteed a brawl.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2004, 06:10:03 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Holy Christwagons, check this out. Too weird...

There was another small 11 year old boy sitting in front of me and Artest's blood splattered all over him. My own son, not knowing any better, licked the blood from the other child.

This morning I went to the doctor and my son was tested HIV positive. Artest ruined my life. That dumb ******."

Can this be for real? Doesn't really matter, that was a damn great post.

Anyways, contrary to what some people see as this type of thing ruining sports, I disagree. Hell, if I was guaranteed a brawl every time I tuned in, I would actually start watching that stupid sport.

Playing is definitely better than watching it, tho. But I would make an exception if I was guaranteed a brawl.

Didnt this fight just happen? Doesnt it take longer then a day or two to be able to be diagnosed?

Not ridiculing just asking.

I agree if I was guarenteed a full blown team brawl I'd start watching that stupid sport too.
So long as they kept the fight among the teams and not involve the fans.

Considering these guys are making millions and millions of dollars to play a game I think they can afford to show some restraint if somone hits them witha papercup full of beer.

Had the fan jumped out on the court and started hitting the player or the fans were throwing bottles or rocks that would be another story.

But for that kinda money they should be able to show restraint. and if they dont like being taunted.
they should play better
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline CAVY

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2004, 06:12:43 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Didnt this fight just happen? Doesnt it take longer then a day or two to be able to be diagnosed?

Not ridiculing just asking.

I agree if I was guarenteed a full blown team brawl I'd start watching that stupid sport too.
So long as they kept the fight among the teams and not involve the fans.

Considering these guys are making millions and millions of dollars to play a game I think they can afford to show some restraint if somone hits them witha papercup full of beer.

Had the fan jumped out on the court and started hitting the player or the fans were throwing bottles or rocks that would be another story.

But for that kinda money they should be able to show restraint. and if they dont like being taunted.
they should play better

I'm with you DREDIOCK

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2004, 06:15:30 PM »
Look-out, DREDIOCK.

If CAVY ever said those same words to me, I'd pack it all in, head to Tibet and search for answers. Prolly take the rest of my life.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2004, 06:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Look-out, DREDIOCK.

If CAVY ever said those same words to me, I'd pack it all in, head to Tibet and search for answers. Prolly take the rest of my life.

eh it happens.
I even agree with you from time to time.

Course when that happens I have to reread the posts 4-5 times just to make sure I didnt miss something along the way
LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty