Author Topic: Pistons vs Pacers  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2004, 09:08:11 PM »

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2004, 09:09:54 PM »
While I was working this morning (Orland Park Hooters), all we had on was ESPN and they played the clip OVER and OVER. I saw it enough to draw it frame by frame.

Artest: He should have been arrested. Kicked out of the NBA. Sued for more money he owns (to be sure he can't come back in society).

Honestly, this doesn't help anything with the notion that a majority of NBA players being African American. Call it racist but this guy ATTACKED people and for no REAL REASON.

We pay these players MILLIONS to beat up their fans and make their team look like shiat?

They should pay them for the plays they make, not IF they can.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
Some interesting stuff from http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/041122

"1. The smoking gun from Friday night, at least for me: Artest went after the wrong fans. If you watch the actual game tape, which they re-ran on ESPN2 in the wee hours that night, there's a replay after everything settles down that shows the blue cup plunking Artest. The camera angle comes from the basket where Artest fouled Wallace, so you can see him lying on the scorer's table, plus you can see the stands behind him (and everyone who eventually becomes involved in the fight).

Thanks to TiVo, if you frame-by-frame it, you'll see the beer comes flying from behind the head of someone wearing a white sweatshirt, and that person is standing two rows behind the guy that Artest initially jumps. Once the camera shifts and everyone starts pouring into the stands, the beer tosser's identity is revealed -- a little bald guy who turns back to high-five someone else in the stands even as Artest is knocking that first guy down.

That's what changed the stakes for the Commish. Artest wasn't just flying into the stands to confront a fan in the wrong -- he had no idea who threw the cup, meaning he was randomly attacking innocent fans. In other words, that could have been you or me standing there with that "Wait a second ... noooooooooooooooo!" look on our faces. You think David Stern wants a running situation where potential ticketholders are saying to each other, "Those tickets are great, I'd love to sit three rows from the court, I don't mind spending the money ... but we're sure none of the players are gonna beat us up tonight, right?" Not happening. They want to make sure this never happens again.

(What happens if Artest went after the correct fan? It's a little more understandable. Not much ... but a little.) "

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline DYGCaps

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2004, 04:03:11 AM »
I don't get how everyone seems to think its all the fans fault..Yeah, they acted like morons and threw beer, but still, as professional athletes they have a responsibility to not go after fans.  It's even more hilarious how Artest didn't even get the right fan, Steve Jackson ran and knocked that guy out for no reason, he was just sitting there.  Then later down on the floor, when Artest was confronted by the 2 Pistons fans, he hits one a few times, then backs up and lets security take them down...how lame is that?

Players need to be suspended for a long time. Suspend Piston players extra due to behavior of their fans (yeah, yeah, not fair, but might send a message to other retarded fans about consequences of their behavior)

This is quite possibly the most retarded thing I've ever seen, Good Job. :aok

Oh Yeah and I'd like to thank the Pacers for giving the Pistons the confrence. :rofl

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2004, 06:19:19 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
That's a racist comment!

If white people can't be thugs than you are sayin ONLY black people can.

lol

Spin and spin some more.

That is not what I said.  I was merely remarking that the starter of this thread did not have white people in mind when he was referring to thugs and that guys like you are spinning wild racist yarns to cover up your racist attitudes.

Thanks for proving the point.

:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline CAVY

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2004, 07:01:47 AM »
Originally posted by CAVY
Derick Coleman should have been put in jail when he was playing for syracuse...he'll never learn his lesson...but the teams keep paying him.....I predict he winds up doing 8-12 somewhere after his less than mediocar basketball carreer is over...not soon enough I may add:p

Offline CAVY

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2004, 07:02:53 AM »
Originally posted by CAVY
Derick Coleman should have been put in jail when he was playing for St. John's...he'll never learn his lesson...but the teams keep paying him.....I predict he winds up doing 8-12 somewhere after his less than mediocar basketball carreer is over...not soon enough I may add:p

I mean syracuse..either way he's still a creep

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2004, 11:14:03 AM »
It cracks me up that the sporting world and the press are in a state of shock over this incident.  In one of the less fortunate communities within our township this is an everyweek occurence at the local Ghetto Crime Spree Street Ball Classic.  Nothing new here - happens all the time.  Now Ron Artest has plenty of time to finish his CD music project.  Another aspiring rapper - how cool is that :p Sickens me that he attended (NEVER GRADUATED - Another Shock) my alma mater St. John's University.  The talent is there but the attitude needs major adjustment.   If he continues on the path he's chosen he should end up like MC HAMMER in about 3 to 5 more years.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2004, 11:26:05 AM »
Americans :rolleyes:
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »
I thought it was hilarious though, how Artest responded to criticism about the incident and then after explaining what he did he pulls out his CD and starts promoting it.  Kinda makes me believe he saw the beer-throwing as a way to get a "break".

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2004, 01:49:40 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/041124

"Yet in this case, Artest had no idea who threw the cup. He went flying by the guy who appeared to have thrown it and terrorized another poor soul who was merely jumping up and down and celebrating the direct hit. And here's a lost point: Though Artest pushed the innocent fan, HE DID NOT STRIKE HIM.

Wes Wilcox, an advance scout for the Cavaliers, was watching from his courtside seat. Wilcox told the Cleveland Plain Dealer: "Artest did a good job of keeping his composure."

By his rock-headed, short-fused standards, Artest certainly did. But most fans want to believe Artest has a screw loose, and they automatically assume the worst. If this incident had involved any Pacer other than Artest, the reaction wouldn't have been nearly as nuclear."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2004, 04:59:33 PM »
assault  is an unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another, or the act or an instance of unlawfully threatening or attempting to injure another.

You do not have to strike to be guilty of assault: the threat is enough.

Battery is the use of force on another resulting in harmful contact.

It can be strongly argued Artest committed assault and battery.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline DYGCaps

• Copper Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2004, 07:03:52 PM »
NEWSFLASH! Artest is out of the season.  The one that started it (Wallace) only got 6:mad:

Are you retarded?  What Artest did was damn near as flagerent as what Wallace did...Artest got what he deserved...All you Pacers fans just upset cuz your screwed this season.

Me on the other hand, I'm a Pistons fan, so I'm kinda thrilled our #1 contender just got neutered. :aok

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Pistons vs Pacers
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2004, 01:05:39 AM »
WOW read entire post most didn't even get it. Wallace Attacked  Artest, And he wanted no part of wallace. But god forbid a cup lands on him. He goes into stands and swings away. If this is the biggest chicken **** thing i've ever seen. instead of fighting guy he knew would kick his bellybutton he goes into stands after smallest guy he see's cheering. And attacks him, This man didn't even throw cup lol. Plain and simple Pacer players were totally at fault. If Wallace almost tearing your head off you do nothing then when a cup hits you you go and say selfdefense what bull****. Self defense is exactly that selfdefense, Not chargeing after guy for hitting with cup.  about same as Shooting Kid in the back for stealing pc of gum in a store. No way no how selfdefense.

But I do believe J jackson shouldv'e been fined more than artest. For he went on a bigger rampage firing haymakers at everyone with no one attacking him at all.......................... ...