Author Topic: Wwiiol??  (Read 1969 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2004, 09:26:28 PM »
The air war has changed to the better with damage effects now...but the way it is designed is what can suck. You are given allied planes..the spits and hurris for Brits, vs the 109s of the Luftwaffe. Unlike here where planes of mid range ability mix it up...in there the guy who loses is the guy who said to heck with it and dove into a mess. 109s shouldnt lose in there if flown right, but few have the patience to do that, and who can blame em?

The ground war is more fun, but the amount of people tanks or planes shown in 1 area can cause many enemys not being seen, but can see you. So you often die to a guy ya didnt see. Still, the ground game is pretty cool. All the eye candy rocks, they built a cool bunch of toys..its the sandbox that needs work.

~AoM~

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Wwiiol??
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2004, 10:37:03 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH

WTFG!!!  Yeah, love the 109f, but like you said, you have go in and out fast, extend, then do it again. I fly the 110 to help the ground pounders, but only with a group.

"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2004, 05:13:47 AM »
Finally was able to fight without too much air and tanks at Avesnes.
The fight turned out to be a great and bloody city fight, where the infantry was playing the main role.
It was real house to house fightning. The houses were at times lost and regained.
Neither side has excessive air over there, nor excessive amounts of tanks.... at least when I was there.
Most tanks I saw, was 2 S35, char, panhard and H39 around the town and then at the very end a small horde of panzers, when the infantry had just broken through to the other side, which between the fight stuck for a while.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2004, 09:12:01 AM »
Im  gona play now SlowHand, 10:12 PM EST. Allies.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
2 week report...
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2004, 03:07:31 PM »
Here is my stats after 2 weeks of play. The binoculars help so incredibly much. I got most of my kills from using the binoculars. Gona sign up for a month and see what happens. Thanks for the help in the game SlowHand and Deej. <>

So, how'd I do for a newbie ?
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2004, 04:26:44 PM »
No Problem! :)

You did OK except for the 8 kills in 2 weeks. In my 2 week trial I got to Lt.Col in British Army.  :p
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2004, 04:31:54 PM »
I didnt get to play for the first week. Had an issue with CTDs in last patch.
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2004, 05:05:28 PM »
LOL, I'm in the last 9 killers, BlueJ1 :p
In fact the list is full of finns :D

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2004, 05:32:32 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu
LOL, I'm in the last 9 killers, BlueJ1 :p
In fact the list is full of finns :D

Ahh so it was your bofors I was towing all over the place (among others) in the weekend fishu :)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2004, 05:53:14 PM »
Fishu, Im normally in the Gent-Zelgate area. So I tend to be killed by the same people alot lol .
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Wwiiol??
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2004, 07:15:14 PM »
If you play axis and fishu has a 251 half track, don't get in it, he likes to flip them:D
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)