Author Topic: Whats the point refuling re arm??  (Read 646 times)

wobbel

Whats the point refuling re arm??
« on: April 05, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Hey guys

Just wondering what the point is to rearm and reful, why not end flight go to tower and get a exstra mission complete??.
Or do you get more points for flying right away again?.

Jumping in pharashoot or follow the plane to the ground when hit?. Is there a diffrent here. or is it just the same in points?.
Beside that you get kill in the list insted off jumping.

And if damage and you ditch insted off jumping out in pharashoot, is this a diffrent here, in points ??

GA

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
wobbel, the main reason to use the re-arming pad is to refit your plane with the load of bombs, rockets and fuel that you originally selected.  

This is especially important if some of the ammo bunkers and fuel tanks have been destroyed.  If you replaned from the tower you might not be able to refit with the original loadout.

Keep in mind that this fact is even moe important if the hanger(s) are down.  If you go to the tower at a field with no hangers, you wont be able to take off from that field again.

Beltfedd

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Another small point is that it will keep your kill count from your flight.  For example, I get one kill on my flight and see "Victory 1 by Beltfedd" in the buffer.  Then I land and refuel/rearm.  Take off again and by some amazing streak of luck manage to get another kill, it will say "Victory 2 by Beltfedd" in the buffer.  My countrymen are astounded and I swell with pride :P.

Not sure if this would do anything as far as perk points though, more a vanity thing I think...

Belt  

wobbel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
Thx guys

Lol Beltfedd  

GA

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
Actually, the only benefits are what Loser pointed out and by staying in flight longer, assuming you get more kills, the higher your kills/sortie will be.
However!! there is a 1.25 modifier for perk points when u successfully land.  If you go back out after refueling and get shot down, you do not get the bonus 25%.  So if you want score, rearm, if you want perks, replane.

SKurj