Author Topic: Hello, I'm back.  (Read 280 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Hello, I'm back.
« on: December 05, 2004, 04:05:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in quite some time, I used to be known as SpinDoc in the Main Arena.  I have a few questions, if any of you have the answers...

I noticed the homepage hasn't seen many updates in a few years, are the minimum computer requirements accurate?

Has the 'price of admission changed?' or is it still $15/month?

Do most people play AH2 or the classic Aces High Main Arena, and if so, how do I 're-involve' myself, seeing as how I've been out of it for almost 2 years?...

What happened to the Arabian Knights?  Are Curly, Owl, Mj, Iron and Nimitz still around?  How about some others I know... Sabre...?

For account info, I tried re-sending myself the password, but I didn't get a response.  Anyone know how to contact AH subscription department?

Finally, I look forward to re-joining the community soon.  I played under the handle SpinDoc a while ago and I hope I can use that same name, if not it will be a slight variation.  I hope the community is still as good as it used to be.  See you all soon!

Jason
Spin Doc
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
Hello, I'm back.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 04:28:25 PM »
Hello,

An answer to a few of your questions. The price is the same. The minimum hardware requirements are not.

You will need a fairly decent computer to enjoy the game. Post your specs, we will will tell you what works. There are some who play with low end - 800MHz to 1.6GHz(intel eqivalent) machines but I think that their frames rates are not good. You will also need a decent vid card - somewhere on the level of a radeon 9500 or more---at the loww end. I think that that having 9600 or above radeon (or nvdia equivalent) is necessary

There is only one MA i.e. AH2

As for your account - you can download the new game and do the online submission or contact them directly via email/fax or telephone.

As for the website, when I first found this game on the internet it was the same. I almost did not try the game cause I dont like the site, I am lucky I did though. HTC people, if you read this - its really time for a website upgrade :-)

I still enjoy this game so welcome back

Acetnt
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 04:32:15 PM by acetnt367th »

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Hello, I'm back.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 04:50:44 PM »
Thanks for the info:

I have an AMD setup, runs at around 1.49 Ghz, ATi Radeon 9500 Pro, and only 256 MB Ram (which will be upgraded to 1Gb soon).  I need to get my sound card working again though before I can install AH and play effectively.  The silly Asus motherboard had a built-in video and sound card.  I figured out the video part, but the sound card needs some help...
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hello, I'm back.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 05:32:42 PM »
Originally posted by DaLadyzMon

What happened to the Arabian Knights?  Are Curly, Owl, Mj, Iron and Nimitz still around?  How about some others I know... Sabre...?
Jason
Spin Doc

They are active here on the BBS, but no idea if they play. Try to post in the O'club and they are bound to see you within a few hours. :)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Hello, I'm back.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 06:20:26 PM »
They're flyin Knights this tour.

Curly is brutally hansome.

..oh

ah..

Yea he's still around..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
Hello, I'm back.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 09:36:49 PM »
You machine sounds like it could play the game. Download and try the game offline. Make sure you do disable the onboard sound if you have a sound card. You will find lots of problems otherwise. Try the asus bios - most will let you disable this option. Then turn your sound acceleration to 3/4 -   you can use dxdiag for this i.e. select start then run (type in) dxdiag. Go to the sound tab then set your hardware acceleration to 3/4.

Any more help - just post a message in the hardware forum here. Lots of better guys there willing to help

Acetnt