Author Topic: :p  (Read 459 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
:p
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 08:34:31 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
My mom has cancer but still.. In many cases I think those that has felt these kinds of things up close are more relaxed about it. Even my mom makes jokes about her condition but some of her friends gets really serious and sad and sees no humor in anything.

Exactly.

For your mom Im betting its one of the things she does to help keep her form getting too down.
One of the things I know I did is fall into a mode where I wouldnt let my self get either too high or too low with the emphasis on not letting myself get too low.

So I made humour of it and enjoyed doing it usually at others expence.

I'd be willing to be your mom constantly has people asking her how shes "feeling" or how she's "doing"
 While its nice to hear, and we know its well intended  and the concern is very much appreciated after about the 2,000th time your asked in a 24 hour period it starts getting old.
  I went through 6 months of chemo. As most of us know and anyone who has been through it knows chemo often causes you to loose your hair... And I do mean ALL of your hair. the hair on your head comes out in clumps  Usually when people notice this one of the things they do is shave their heads.
Well I didnt. I used it as a prop for my jokes about it.

when asked how I was feeling or doing I would say
"Im doing good, spending alot of time at home working in the yard and with the dogs. in fact the dogs taught ME a new trick. Wanna see what it is?"

The inevitable answer was always "Yes"

with that I'd reach up, grab a small section of hair and pull a chunk out show it to them and say " They taught me how to shed"

The reaction,and looks on their faces was priceless.
Usually followed by "Same old Gomez (my RL nickname)
Your still a twisted SOB" and we both would laugh.

BTW I wish your mom the best of luck with that, as with anyone else going through it.
 I view Cancer as the devil himself. Laugh at him, spit in his eye and survive him
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 08:38:32 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 08:50:09 AM »
"They taught me how to shed" :D

Sounds like you and my mom would have a blast together. Every time i go with her on her checkups at the hospital, I find that part of the building to be the most cheerful and with the warmest nurses and patients.

The most grumpy and annoying patients are usually those with broken legs and other minor injuries..... they _really_ whine alot.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Alright nevermind.

People react diffrently thats all... Your reaction is as normal as mine just different.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 08:52:19 AM »
Funny!:D
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.