Author Topic: Brother in-laws art work  (Read 160 times)

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Brother in-laws art work
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:30:32 AM »
Always telling squadies about brother in-law that paints churchs thru out europe, so Thought I'd show some of his work he just sent wife and I.  mostly paints Icons to support family.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Brother in-laws art work
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:54:37 AM »
Rod, the term is "illuminating" books or religious icons using gold leaf.  Monks used to do that back in the old days, and they know their stuff.  Your brother-in-law must be a saint, or have the patience of one.

I have done etchings of churches here in Mobile.  Take a look at my website.  The All Saints etching took one year.  The Cathedral took 6 months.  And it was pretty much working on just that and nothing else.

The link doesn't work for some reason.  My web site is http://www.lesthompsonart.com

Thank you.

Les
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 12:01:46 PM by Leslie »

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Brother in-laws art work
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 12:27:44 PM »
He's been doing Churches thru out europe for years now. Retouching masters art work. Everything he does has to be stamped by gov of romania. He could copy master works and sell for orignals. I have old icon he did for us on the way to airport in Romania you wouldn't believe craftmanship he had working on that bumbpy road to airport was perfect.

Now Mei just throw paint at walls. And then I still miss.