Author Topic: Scotland win the world cup!  (Read 162 times)

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
Scotland win the world cup!
« on: December 07, 2004, 08:13:25 AM »
In Elephant Polo.

Clicky

Scotland are celebrating sporting glory after being crowned world champions of elephant polo.
The Duke of Argyll captained the Chivas team to victory in the Elephant Polo World Championships in Nepal.

They beat National Parks of Nepal 12-6 to regain the world title they last won in 2001.

Arriving back in the UK, the jubilant Duke said: "No one can deny Scotland are one of the world's sporting heavyweights."

Go Scots!

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:11:15 AM »
An ELEPHANT?  In Scotland?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:15:05 AM »
Momus a fan of the last vestiges of colinialist opression, I would have never guessed...

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 09:42:57 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Momus a fan of the last vestiges of colinialist opression, I would have never guessed...

lol...actually the last vestiges of colonial oppresion can be found on Guam.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 10:13:52 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

I make absolutely no excuses for the excesses of British imperialism, and I doubt that you can find an instance of me doing so, but whatever the evils of Britain's presence in India, we left them as the largest democracy in the world.

Whereas your "Indians" were largely wiped out.

Now go and troll somewhere else old chap; this is supposed to be about Scotland's moment of sublime sporting triumph.

Go Scots!!