Author Topic: Is it possible to be seen as an enemy in your own country?  (Read 330 times)

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
Is it possible to be seen as an enemy in your own country?
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:25:27 AM »
Last night while taking off of a CV enme planes were furballing 2.5 to 3k out in front of the ship. As I took off one enemy plane got within 2.0k and the ship ack zeroed in on his plane. I saw a tracer comming from the ship hit my right wing and then heard the hit. Poof off goes my wing from my own countrys ack. (the 2.0k out enme plane was going away from me)I also noticed that while in a ship gun I couldn't see the puffy ack clouds around the enme planes but if a friendly flew through my line of fire I saw the smoke cloud..like he was an enme......this has happened off and on and on different maps.(with the exception of my wing falling off after getting hit with friendly fire)....I know if a person logs in and  jumps into a plane right away ack will fire at you, or if before you get rolling and someone (a friendly) ups on the same run way it will kill you. So my question is.....is it possible to have a bug that sometimes sees you as an enemy even if you have been logged in for 10-20 minutes?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:46:59 AM »
I've noticed off line that if you are in line of fire of ack firing at drones - you'll get hit.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 11:54:13 AM »
Koda,
Friendly AI ack can hit you when it's firing at enemy planes. It's not trying to target you, basically you flew into it's stream of fire.  Go offline, to a CV, then take off and come around for a landing. The CV's guns will be firing at the drone P-51 "enemys" overhead. As you land the ack on the end of the CV on the port side will very likely hit you as it's firing at the P-51s. If you try the backup trick on the flight deck in a large plane, you probably will be hit by the CVs ack.

The puffs around friendly planes when you're in the mannable CV guns is your near hits on them. However it does no damage to them because the system reads them as Killshooter hits, as if you shot them with a plane's guns. And I've never been killshootered while in a mannable CV gun, so apparently it doesn't count those.

You didn't see the puffy ack of your own mannable gun around the enemy plane because you weren't close enough in accuracy for the enemy plane to take a hit from your proximity fused shell. Remember, if the enemy plane is under 3K, the CVs puffy ack will not be firing at it, so there won't be any puffs of ack near them but the ones that are from your mannable gun proximity shells.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is it possible to be seen as an enemy in your own country?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 12:09:29 PM »
Originally posted by koda76
I know if a person logs in and  jumps into a plane right away ack will fire at you, or if before you get rolling and someone (a friendly) ups on the same run way it will kill you.?
actually not really.

what happens is you see other players already in the arena, but the roster is not fully refreshed, so the game has no ID for the person in the plane, hence the bishop P51 that it always is. if you are knight/rook it will look like an enemy i have never been a bishop so i dont know what it is like for them....

the reason you die if you up right away is you run inot one of those planes taking off, to them you look normal becaue their roster is refreshed, but you collide with enemies.

it is also possible ack hit's you while it is shooting at the "enemies" on your FE... but on thier FE there is no ack firing... it is an odd occurance of the game
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 12:32:46 PM »
Thanks guys.....out of all the sorties I have flown off of a cv this was the first time I ever got shot down by my own ack. As for the puffy ack not showing when firing at the enme...My am is not that bad...lol I did land 8 kills in a few minutes...I just never saw any black smoke, just the fireball when I did hit a plane.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 04:34:20 PM »
The rare instance my nephew and I were on at the same time in different countries we could hear each other countries' vox chatter.

From what HiTech said once, the ack's ability to hit friendlies is not a bug, but a feature.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 04:44:01 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
The rare instance my nephew and I were on at the same time in different countries we could hear each other countries' vox chatter.
You will if its on a 2xx channel as they work across all countries.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Re: Is it possible to be seen as an enemy in your own country?
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 04:46:19 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
i have never been a bishop so i dont know what it is like for them....
As Bishops we don't see that happen, which is why the first few times I logged on as a Rook earlier this year it came as quite a surprise for me and I was nearly caught out a few times.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun