Author Topic: Question....  (Read 481 times)

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
Question....
« on: January 23, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
I realize that some people here may be a bit biased towards Aces High, but I would like someone to explain to me the differences between this and Warbirds.

I've been toying with my 2 weeks free here and this is rather fun, I have not tried Warbirds yet and am not sure if I will. I do like this game even though it iritates the crap outta me that I've been killed 10x's more than I've shotdown. :] (I fear I may need a bit 'o' training *shudder*) Wow, does this game have one helluva learning curve or what?! But there is something about the way people come together to defend/attack an objective and it seems the folks here are a lot more mature than the Quake/Half-life kiddies that are quick on the verbal smack-downs, even if they only get lucky once. I think there is more to it than that though, one of the things that keeps bringing me to the Arena is the huge difficulty that I'm experiencing. It makes me want to learn the flight model and kick some arse.

I started babbling...sorry...my initial question still stands though.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Question....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
Warbirds is a great sim, and you should give it a try, however I prefer this sim since the updates are frequent, the gameplay has more to offer, and customer service is outstanding, but, please, I digress, give Warbirds a try.

In relative to gameplay, if you are not a two-week wonder (ie. you have a paying account), try joining one of the many squadrons, as AH is geared more for a squadron type aerial combat, and lone wolves soon have a short life here unless they stay above 30k and don't engage  

If you fly for knights, you're welcome to come and fly any one of the MAG-33 operations going on, or simply join a mission that someone has posted in the mission planner..that way you have many around you to help you survive, and even get a few kills!

<S>

------------------

~Death Rattlers~
Member of 'MAG-33' (Click here)
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for interviews with other Aces High Squadrons
If you cannot do something well,
learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-23-2001).]