Author Topic: some feedback  (Read 209 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
some feedback
« on: December 11, 2004, 10:25:47 PM »
i went and traded in my 03 IS300 today for an 04 roush mustang(stage 1).  i have until monday at 5 pm to take it back, no deal.  just getting some opinions ...,please be civil.  ty.
the IS300 has a I6 engine, 5 spd manual, very expensive to do any mods too, maintain even, parts are expensive.  04 stang, GT(V8) roush stage 1 mods, 5 spd, it is a ford, less expensive on parts, not sure on reliability as much(ie. will it spend more time in the shop?).  so, keep the stang or go get my lexus back?  
wife has added her 2 cents "i dont want a FORD in my driveway...and it dont have a sunroof!!"  im trying to sell her on it though.  
they gave me 26,500 for my trade in(11750miles), 0 down, 0%apr, 60 months on the deal.  thanks for replies.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
some feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 11:28:04 PM »
If the wife doesn't like it, the Ford must be the best choice.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
some feedback
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 12:26:09 AM »
keep it.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
some feedback
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »
It all comes down to what YOU like.  Mustangs are good, reliable cars.  Shop time is going to depend on how much you beat on it.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
some feedback
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 12:53:46 AM »
Go with your gut feeling! In the big scheme of life, you’re dealing with a minor detail.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
some feedback
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 06:24:30 AM »
thanks you.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
some feedback
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 08:10:35 AM »
Consider buying her a car SHE wants so you can keep yours.  If she's stuck with the minivan or whatever, it's not tough to see her point.  

As for the value of a roush mustang to begin with, it sounds like a nice car but the '05 stangs are going to steal the show.  Every mustang enthusiast I know that doesn't currently have a mustang, is lining up to get an '05 GT.  A Roush car is nice but using it as a daily driver might be considered by some to be an abusive and immoral act :)  Seriously, as an '04 roush, it could have some collector value but only if it gets driven maybe 2 miles a month, and what's the fun in that?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
some feedback
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 08:13:37 AM »
she is currently driving a 04 toyota 4runner(she wanted).  its got all the goodies.
see your point on the 05 stangs eaglr, but that was one of the reasons i went with this one.  only 15 made like the one i got, the 05s will soon be(in the process) of filling the roadways.  wanted something a little different.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
some feedback
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 11:22:42 AM »
Theo 2004s are nice but personally I think the 05s are alot better "looking" cars.  Like pretty much every one else said go with your gut...do what you want.  If the wife hates it than it's the perfect choice.