Author Topic: I need some tips/tactics with the Hellcat.  (Read 1670 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
I need some tips/tactics with the Hellcat.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by 45ACP:
I have just started trying out this flight sim and have really just started flight simulations overall. I am into my 2nd week of the tryout and have been amazed at the help and advice that alot of people in this sim have given me already. Although I get shot down almost all the time, it's nice to hear from the guys that hit you about how difficult I was to hit or how well I flew in that particular situation as well as being told by the guy on my side how well I was flying, even thoguh I really don't know what I'm doing. I guess I make it look good. That being said, I have become determined to learn to fly the Hellcat, one way or the other. I so far have found it to be better at base attacking than a dogfighter. I seem to be able to handle it very well on bomb runs, better than most other attack fighters I've tried here, and the plane itself seems to be able to carry it's far share of ordinance while not being too cumbersome. So, basically, I would like to learn how to be a better dogfighting pilot in this plane. I plan on being here for a while, not just this 2 week period, and would like to know if anyone would have the time and patience to teach me a few basic defensive maneuvers to start with and then maybe some offensive dogfighting skills. I live in CT (eastern time zone) and have a limited schedule, so if anyone is interested, maybe we could work something out.

Still wanting someone to get with you 1 on 1?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline 454Casull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
Sure ammo, please, I would like that. I have been very busy, the wife likes to go away on the weekends sometimes and during the week I'm just dead tired after work. I have subscribed so I'm not going anywhere. I guess the best thing is for you to pick a day and time, preferably Friday or Saturday night, and I'll just have to figure out how to make it. This weekend looks good so if it's good for you, I should be able to make it. Thanks for the offer.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by 45ACP:
Sure ammo, please, I would like that. I have been very busy, the wife likes to go away on the weekends sometimes and during the week I'm just dead tired after work. I have subscribed so I'm not going anywhere. I guess the best thing is for you to pick a day and time, preferably Friday or Saturday night, and I'll just have to figure out how to make it. This weekend looks good so if it's good for you, I should be able to make it. Thanks for the offer.

please email me at treywells@sbcglobal.net

Friday is tuff, but Saturday would be good. I can do it on Thursday too. Your in the Central Time zone, right?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline air_ReCoile

• Zinc Member
      • http://airsquadron.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2001, 02:36:00 AM »
I fly the Hellcat quite a bit, so if you need help online or want to wing, come over to the Knights. If you got any questions about it, feel free to ask. Though I am far from an expert on the F6F, I can give you some good ideas on how to approach different planes and situations.

If your not an expert on F6F, nobody is Mathman. Came across you in your F6F and seen some excellent turn fights with you, S!