Author Topic: RW problem and a few other questions  (Read 629 times)

Offline Hakster

• Zinc Member
RW problem and a few other questions
« on: April 28, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
When me and my friend use RW it works perfect until I switch my engine on.
When engine is on he cant hear what I say.
I hear him perfect though. Anyone know what the problem might be? I have setup RW on both computers so there is no difference in configuration.

I can´t map the transmitkey T to my joystick(or my friends), any ideas?

What does killershooter mean in the setup when hosting a H2H game?

How do you kick someone out of a H2H game when you are hosting?

Thanks in advance

Hakster   "HH"

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
OK, first off make sure that if you are using DirectX 8 that you use .Wav recording in Roger Wilco.  DirectSound recording has some issues with DX8 at the moment.

Secondly, are you using key activated transmission on RW, or are you using Voice Activated recording?

Best to use Press to Talk if at all possible.  Then make sure that the record key in RW is what you map to your joystick.  E.G.  in my setup I use the 'Delete' key to transmit.  Make sure that it is the 'Delete' key you map to Roger Wilco, and map the 'Delete' key to your joystick as well.

Killshooter is a device to prevent Team Killers in Aces High.  Briefly, if you shoot at a member of your own side, he registers no damage but all damage which WOULD have occurred is sent to your plane instead.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Jekyll
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
Aces High Training Corps

Offline Hakster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Hi Jekyll

I´m using DirectX 7.0a and wav recording.
The weird part is that it works perfect untill i switch on engine. So if I´m flying around and try to talk to my wingman he cant tell what I´m saying, but if I switch off the engine while I´m talking he can hear me without any problems. I also tried once to lower enginesound to 0 and that worked as well. What can I do?

I am using key activated RW, press to talk.
I´m using the T key to transmit. My joystick is not programmable so I cant map a certain key to a certain button but my friends joystick is and I have programmed the T key to a button but it wont work.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it´s possible to kick a player out of a H2H game if you´re the host?

Thanks

Hakster

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2001, 06:43:00 AM »
What are you using for microphone?  Stand-alone, or headset/mic combo?

On the joystick push to talk, there are basically 3 places where you MUST set up the mapped button on the joystick.  First, in Setup on your clipboard in the game, go to key mapping.  Pick a key on the keyboard and assign it to "Key_Mic".  Try not to use a letter of the alphabet, or other common key used in chat (I use Tab).  Click apply/ok.  Second, you have to make sure the exact same key is designated in your RW setup.  Third, you have to have the same button set as push to talk in your joystick software.  I use a Sidewinder PP 2.

Even then, the setup will go haywire for me every time I shut down the game and restart it and RW.  I have to alt+tab out and reassign the button in my joystick software, then reapply it.  When I go back into the game, it works again.

I have no clue, never played H2H.

Offline Hakster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
I´m using a stand alone mic and I have done it exactly the way you described it and it still wont work. I´ll give it another try tonight. I+m gonna try Battlecom as well to see if that works better for me.

Any ideas about the soundproblem I mentioned earlier?

Thanks
Hakster