Author Topic: C.205 Tactics/Tips  (Read 664 times)

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« on: August 12, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Any tips on how to fly this? I usualy start my BnZ run at 10k, if its unsuccesfull i extend in height climbing back to 10k and do it again. I like it when i surprise people on a nice bounce and they fly nice and level for me, but this happens about 1 in 10 BnZ passes. Any tips on how i can surprise more people? Even tough some of my attacks start from hi and i end up at the bottom of the bandit where he can't see me, some break off because of dam check six calls! Any other tips in general on flying the 205 are welcome.

Offline DNME

• Zinc Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
Tell you what, try flying the 205 without foulmouthing the host and without the swearing. Try to respect the rules the host sets.

Oh..and i promise i won't lie anymore when i say i've run outta bullets. :) lol

BTW to stay on topic, please 205 experts, keep the tips coming, coz this pdog really needs 'em  :)

The 1 succesfull bounce was when he vulched me as i was taxiing the rway  :D

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2001, 04:27:00 PM »
Don't base your assumptions when you played me once. When you assume you make an bellybutton out of you and me.

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
tee hee.  ;)  :p   :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
I'm not even close to being an expert on the 205, but I love flying it.

I think the key is energy management. I've taken on CHogs and won, but it takes patience and you have to conserve your E. Diving into the fray leaves you no room to extend and get away. The aircraft has a decent cruise speed of 285 knots and the cannons do a nice job of ripping up aircraft. If you do get in a shot opportunity, it doesn't take much to bring the target down.

I've had great success with it against any of the naval aircraft. F4U, F6F, Seafire. The A6M is tricky, but you have the speed to outrun him.

Also... your survival chances are greatly enhanced by having a wingman.  :)

FWIW, I have my convergence set at 300.
sand

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
Ok I'm no expert but the 205 seems like  jack of all trades kinda plane.  It isn't the best at any one thing but can do at least one thing better than most the planes you'll run into.  It can outturn the more dedicated BnZ planes and anything it can't out turn it can out climb/dive.  Watching my friend fly one for a few tours the plane he seemed to have a lot of difficulty with was the Spit IX.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
C.205 Tactics/Tips
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »
The planes i have trouble with are the La7 and Yak. La7 is faster and turns about the same. Yak is as fast and turns better. I have never killed a La7 or a Yak. A runstang is easy tough, if there low and slow. My guns converge at the shortest point, 175.
I like to get even closer than that before i take my shot. Reasons for:
Hardly ever miss, use little ammo, target gets blasted.

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: pdog_109 ]