Author Topic: So what IS the deal with invincible Panzers?  (Read 451 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
So what IS the deal with invincible Panzers?
« on: December 17, 2004, 06:15:46 PM »
I don't run into them all that often, but today I ran into one that took (from me in an IL-2) 2 250 kg, 6 rockets, and more than an entire load of 23mm.  He lost... a track.

I actually went and reloaded just to kill this panzer, I started with 2 250 kg bombs, 4 Rs-132 rockets, and a full load a 20mm.  

After rearming, I used the bombs first but I dropped to low, so they didn't arm.  

I wasn't the only guy hitting this tank either.. there were a couple other guys dropping bombs and strafing.  

So is it lag or what?  This guy also seemed to have a very flexible pintle gun (about twice as flexible as the ordinary kind).  

So does my little packet say "Hey, I just dropped a 500 lb bomb on your head".. get lost in the mail or what?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:36:37 PM »
HAha@!!!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »
I just need to breath on a PZ with the Bf-110 and I get the killl. Straffe them once and a friendly GV kills em, I get the kill.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 07:53:49 PM »
Yea, I ended up getting the kill on him, after a friendly tank shot him 3 or 4 times.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:44:34 PM »
I was GV'ing a lot in previous tours, I have yet to see invincible panzers or GV's at that.

I'm no Ground Vehicle Expert though, but some shots that would definatley disable or destroy a tank do nothing at all.

Although I always tried to avoid quick shooting, I like to get as close as possible and shoot them where it hurts. So these shots that seemed to have no effect rarely ever happened.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Seraphim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 02:47:26 AM »
Ive seen it both ways.......been immediatly killed by a panz in a tiger, but once, i intercepted an entire mission of all types of armor....kiilled all of them, ended up landin about 30+ kills. But then again, Ive also died by an m8 in a tiger without even seein them, so who knows what the deal is

I just figure, sometimes I get the good coin toss, sometimes I get the opposite.

either way, its a dam game..............

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
Re: So what IS the deal with invincible Panzers?
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 03:07:12 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I don't run into them all that often, but today I ran into one that took (from me in an IL-2) 2 250 kg, 6 rockets, and more than an entire load of 23mm.  He lost... a track.

Brace yourself....

Maybe... JUST MAYBE... You missed?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 03:14:31 AM »
i've been popcorned in a panzer from an il2 when he was using only guns..  came from that spot where the top gun doesn;t aim, and whap whap whap im in the tower

i was watching him, no rockets fired

i think there is a "bug" some exploit like the m3 hiding inside the tiger thing or somethign
I don't know what to put here yet.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 04:13:17 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
i've been popcorned in a panzer from an il2 when he was using only guns..  came from that spot where the top gun doesn;t aim, and whap whap whap im in the tower

i was watching him, no rockets fired

i think there is a "bug" some exploit like the m3 hiding inside the tiger thing or somethign

good idea!  LMAO.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: So what IS the deal with invincible Panzers?
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 07:25:44 AM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
Brace yourself....

Maybe... JUST MAYBE... You missed?

Maybe so.. in that case I really think HTC outta look into the whole hit sprite thing cause it is obviously defective.

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 07:43:22 AM »
It used to be so much fun when you were able to drive inside the nme's tank, and with the hull gun fire inside the tank and blow them up. This was even more fun in tank town. You could get in am M8, drive around as fast as you could, find a Panzer, drive through him firing the hull gun and boom! lol. :(

No more bug tho. :(

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 10:13:05 AM »
hell, you used to be able to kill pnsrs after you bailed out. you just had to walk up to one and touch him and *boom*.

never saw it done but an old timer squaddie of mine swears it used to work in AH1
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.