Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 228 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« on: December 17, 2004, 06:01:38 PM »
thinking about trying it out....

do you get the case with the DVD?

if not, are they protected in any way?

are they good quality (not all scratched up from last user like blockbuster)?

if it is a multiple disk with special features do you get both disks as 1 deal or does it count as 2 rentals?

is band of brothers for example a set, or each disk individually?

overall feedback of service?

thanks in advance
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:11:08 PM »
thinking about trying it out....
Try it, the first 2 weeks is free.

do you get the case with the DVD?
Nope, just the DVD.

if not, are they protected in any way?
They come in a sleeve, and the sleeve is in an envelope that is about one and a half times the size of the DVD.  Out of all the DVDs they've mailed me only two have ever been broken...and oddly they were shipped on separate days, but were both DVDs from Futurama's second season, and both had a crack from the hub out to one edge.  They didn't charge me anything...I just went online, said there was a problem and they mailed me another.

are they good quality (not all scratched up from last user like blockbuster)?
For the most part...but they ARE used by several people, including dolts who aren't capable of handling a DVD with care.

if it is a multiple disk with special features do you get both disks as 1 deal or does it count as 2 rentals?is band of brothers for example a set, or each disk individually?
The # of disks you have out is per disc, not per set.  But you don't pay per disc, you just pay your monthly fee, and you can have out 3 at a time, or more or less, depending on which service you pay for.

overall feedback of service?
I dig it...no more late fees.  Never had a problem with billing, or like I mentioned above, never had a problem with charges for broken discs.  Also have never had a problem with ripping either, if you're so inclined.

-edit-  Also, for speed in getting movies from them, I guess it probably depends on where you are.  They have a shipping center here in Salem, so for me it's a two day turnaround.  If I drop the disc in the mailbox by Monday eve, they'll get it by Tuesday and ship the next disc in my queue, and I'll have it by Wednesday.  It may take longer if your nearest shipping center is further away.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 06:14:45 PM by SOB »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 06:17:58 PM »
Yep, a good deal and all satisfactory. Really convenient, better than browsing Blockbuster.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 01:57:07 AM »
TY SOB .. but like i asked in 2 seperate questions .....

take any "normal" movie for example .. it has 2 disks .. 1 the movie 1 the special features... do you have to specify you want the special feature disk?  and does that count as one of your "3"?

i know it sounds anal, but if i rent "river runs through it", and get the movie, and say "hey i want to see the behind the scenes footage" i dont want to wait to return it to get that stuff.

i understand for like band of brothers, but it would make sence to send the 2 disks together for a 2 disk set.

from what you are saying they dont.....

oh well i think i am going to sign up tomorrow.

anyone have an "invite" or promo code that gets them free rentals and me free rentals???
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 02:12:13 AM »
Like I said, it's per disc.  If you know of two discs you want to get at the same time, just make sure they're the next two in your queue when you return two or more previous rentals.

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
Netflix
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 02:12:58 AM »
Any selections from Vivid 1995+1999??:confused:

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Netflix
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 02:15:41 AM »
No adult features on Netflix...err, I mean, what's Vivid?!

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Netflix
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 02:16:18 AM »
Originally posted by Regular
Any selections from Vivid 1995+1999??:confused:

See for your self

http://www.netflix.com/Default?hnjr=2

:aok

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
Netflix
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 02:30:26 AM »
CC.

I will just stick to my local vid/dvd store.

Funny thing is that in the adult section,someone has been cutting the back pics of the models that appear in the old VHS tapes.

Just today the manager put a sign that said he knows who it is and to stop!

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Netflix
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 04:08:38 AM »
had netflix while back, 2 CDs didn't make it to me via mail, no idea why, first one was no problem, second one ( 2 months later ) they charged my CC for without even trying to contact me. I cancelled my membership then.