Author Topic: best stick so far  (Read 1671 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 12:24:57 PM »
must admitt im haveing difficulty's learning to play with this new stick.

gonna hang out in the training a while and get used too it.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 12:55:35 PM »
Its always nice to find something you like. Hope you get a lot of service from it.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 12:57:18 PM »
i have a complete CH set (analog 1) for 5 years now, its a bit noisy but still works like a charm.

you just cant beat reliability.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 01:00:55 PM »
Originally posted by streetstang
Its too bad Microblow doesnt make the Sidewinder Prec 2 anymore. It was the best stick ever created.

I have 11 brand new MS Sidewinder precision pros sitting on the floor next to me. The Original Sidewinder. Was the longest lasting stick i have ever owned. My first one still works and it is 5 years old! Little sloppy...But still better than any other I have owned. No I haven’t ever owned a CH setup or any other high dollar stick/hotas combo. Give a holler if you need/want one.
ahmugz@yahoo.com

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2004, 01:31:03 PM »
I really like the AB2.

Im no my 2nd one now.... its wearing out and I will be replacing it soon.. BUT Ive had 2 in 3.5 years... Ive played over 1000+ hours on each stick...

Any stick that lasts over 1000 hours is a good stick imho.

Only downsides 8 buttons is a bit to few, throttle is a bit too light. You do get used to it. Alternativly put something friction increaseing under it.

Tex

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2004, 01:31:05 PM »
I really like the AB2.

Im no my 2nd one now.... its wearing out and I will be replacing it soon.. BUT Ive had 2 in 3.5 years... Ive played over 1000+ hours on each stick...

Any stick that lasts over 1000 hours is a good stick imho.

Only downsides 8 buttons is a bit to few, throttle is a bit too light. You do get used to it. Alternativly put something friction increaseing under it.

Tex

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 01:39:13 PM »
Mugz, I'll buy one or two just for the heck of it. If I ever come back I'll have a stick. I got rid of the ones I had, they were pretty beat up after all the abuse they took.

I will email you later today with my home address. Just let me know how much you want and where to send the check to. Money order is ok I presume?

Thanks In advance.
Morph.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
best stick so far
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2004, 12:31:21 AM »
I love my standard Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II.  Rudder control on the throttle is awesome.  Great stick.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
best stick so far
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2004, 01:34:56 AM »
I used to have that stick after my serial port ms ffb stick malfunctioning.

6 months later it died

the pots arent  "jerk proof"

back on ffb2 with usb port

opticals are "jerk proof"

:)  it still lives almost 3 years

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
best stick so far
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2004, 03:58:26 AM »
IMO the Afterburner II is the best bargain  stick on the market.

We have had  a couple over the years.

All the essental bits and buttons in one package with a proper throttle lever.

As a rocker hater the oppurtunity to use either it or twisty in such a budget stick is a real bonus.

We just cant get them in the UK now (easily).

I currently use a much more expensive X52 + CH pedal set up which I can afford and am very happy with, but would have no problems reverting to the ABII.
Ludere Vincere

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
best stick so far
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2004, 09:17:52 AM »
I'm still running the CH stick I used in Air Warrior!  :) hows that for long life? Going to break the bank when I have to switch over to USB tho  :(

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2004, 09:20:21 AM »
so far the only real difficuty's im haveing is getting used to working harder on finding the center point, my last stick a logicrap wingman force feedback would for the most part snap back to it's center point rather easily, and with thrustmaster i have to work harder to find the center, also the force feedback feels a lot stiffer that the last stick, make's me stall out alot more now.

i wonder if real pilots experianced this when they flew different type aircraft.:p

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
best stick so far
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 10:15:12 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
so far the only real difficuty's im haveing is getting used to working harder on finding the center point

this is why i refuse to buy a force feedback stick (any make/model), again.  :(

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
best stick so far
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 10:18:51 PM »
If anyone waqnts a Brand new in box MS FFB2 stick,my local EB has one under a bunch of other boxed sticks/steering wheels.It's been there for almost a year(i keep hiding it every time they move the stock around)..The price is $150 Canadian...Gonna snap it up on boxing day if it's still there...If anyone interested,I can ship it to ya.

If they are going for cheaper on EBAY..ignore this.

And Meeeery X-Mas!!

:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
best stick so far
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 11:02:27 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
so far the only real difficuty's im haveing is getting used to working harder on finding the center point, my last stick a logicrap wingman force feedback would for the most part snap back to it's center point rather easily, and with thrustmaster i have to work harder to find the center, also the force feedback feels a lot stiffer that the last stick, make's me stall out alot more now.

i wonder if real pilots experianced this when they flew different type aircraft.:p

I had the privilege of belonging to a group that flew RL WW2 aircraft to airshows. I got about 20 hours in the T-6 and C-45. With no prior piloting experience, I was able to work up to doing aileron rolls in the T-6. I recently went for a ride with a friend in his RV-4. He new of my experience in the 6's and let me do some rolls. It was unbelievable how effortless the RV was. It was really like the difference between my old TM and the lighter CH.

Snork
Flying as Noser