Author Topic: stick settings  (Read 526 times)

Thomas

stick settings
« on: January 09, 2000, 10:47:00 PM »
Greetings, I'm new and confused.

I use a MS 3D Pro and I would like to set up a 2nd stick setting for views. Ideally, I would click on a JS button and my upper views would be enabled, then click again on the same button to go back to level views.

Can anyone provide some direction on getting this done?

Thanks in advance.

T

AJRimmer

stick settings
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2000, 11:15:00 PM »
With the 3d pro you have 7 buttons plus the 8way hat to program (doubt you'll need a 2nd stick)... install the Game Controller Software and read the instructions. Come back with your questions and or problems. Remember the 3d pro, Precision pro and Force Feedback all have the same buttons, just in different spots.

Oops... sorry if you knew this already  .

------------------
A.J.Rimmer
Capt. of the B-17 "MilkRun".

[This message has been edited by AJRimmer (edited 01-09-2000).]

Offline v355_Spike

• Zinc Member
stick settings
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2000, 01:54:00 AM »
Dude I hear ya, gonna give ya some input. Been battling with views all weekend. I have declared victory.

Read the thread on the main board called like (help with views and sidewinder PP) required reading, IMHO!

The short version is this. Go ahead and use the sidewinder software, but use the game software to remap NP8 to LookUp. Then use this command for the forward view on your hat. Program the rest of the hat as per the numpad, now ya got 8 views.

Next, program one of your buttons for NP5, thats the up command. Now when ya hit a hat positon also hit the up command on your stick and ya look up in that particular hat position. Critical.

With my MSPP, with lots of help from the guys, I was able to make the shift button work as the up command. Now i have a nine button stick, but i got 16 views all controled with the stick, good luck, lets flyyyyyyyyyy!

------------------
SgtSpike
v355 Fighter Group
Steeple Morden Strafers

Thomas

stick settings
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2000, 09:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies - reading the thread on the other board helped. Programming an "up view" key and using it in combination with the hat views did the trick.

Thwacks self on forehead - why didn't I think of that?!  

Thanks again for the suggestions.

T