Author Topic: Bomber Specific Commands!  (Read 643 times)

Offline v355_Spike

• Zinc Member
Bomber Specific Commands!
« on: January 16, 2000, 01:07:00 PM »
Only prob i got now is I cant get the bombsight to work. Tips and tricks would be appreciated, tnks

[This message has been edited by v355_Spike (edited 01-16-2000).]

Offline -raxx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2000, 12:44:00 AM »
Dude,

in other posts is the info about bombsights.  However to recap...

In a b17 or B26 make sure you are flying level in the autopilot, (press the X key to get a yellow light showing on the dashboard).

press F6, (if your in a gunner seat you need to select the pilot position by pressing 1 first).

to look in the bombsight press the 0 (zero), key on the number pad.  You should see the crosshairs of bombsight.  Note that up to v0.46 the engine noise, (and pings from attacking aircraft), will cut out and the bomb drop sound will be heard after you look up from the sight, (this depends on how much zoom you are using).  

You can toggle the zoom on the bombsight by pressing the Z key, (this also works for gunners and external views).

You can also gradually zoom in and out by pressing the [ or ] keys.

Align the cross hairs onto the target by rolling the plane left or right.  The plane will automatically level when you recenter the joystick.

Press the B key, (or button 2 on your joystick), to release the bombs.  Note that up to v0.46 the bombbay doors open automatically.  Keep adjusting left and right dropping bombs untill you pass the target and have to circle back.  Repeat as necessary or untill out of bombs =)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2000, 12:45:00 AM »
I'll try to help you.  F6 selects bombsight view.  Then you press "0" (zero) to look through the sight.  After that use "[" & "]" to zoom in and out respectively.  (This is the only way you will be able to see acks after they fire.)  The zoom key "z" can also be helpful, it just enlarges everything.  You can also steer in the bombsight by banking just as you normally would.  (Btw: using rudder input in a gunner position allows you to bank your plane as well.  Experiment with this one.)

Another thing I've discovered recently has to do with the b26.  If you have your stick set up like I do, pressing fire not only drops a bomb, but fires your forward fixed 50's as well.  Be sure you just fire secondary when using the b26.  This also applies when using the b26's forward guns, fire primary only, otherwise you will soon find yourself out of bombs.  All of this only applies to the b26, you can ignore this paragraph if you are only flying b17's.

Hope this helps a little.  

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »
I forgot to add something very important, especially in this version.  DO NOT attempt to press "X" for auto pilot level, or go to bombsight (this automatically levels you as well), without first manually leveling yourself out.  Try to get nearly level before going to bombsight, otherwise you will be flying the rest of you mission in a 90 degree dive straight into the ground.  (Not quite the type of crater you were looking to make.   )  If you attempt to level out by pressing "x" when in a bank turn or a climb/dive, you will be flying sans elevator(s).    This also applies to c47, it also suffers from weak wings.

Last night I was able to rip my elevators off my b26 twice by going to the bombsight after turning to target for a second pass.  (One time I even gave a newbie an easy kill as he was taking off by sheding my elevator right over him.   )

Just some advise learned the hard way.  

Offline v355_Spike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2000, 01:07:00 AM »
ROGER THAT! I got it I got it. Weird though, in my jump commands in the keymapper, jump1 and jump2 were blank, took some headscratchen to figger I had to assign thses keys. Wonder if thats a bug!

Ya i was just missen the lookdown command. Let move some mud!!!!!!!!

------------------
SgtSpike
v355 Fighter Group
Steeple Morden Strafers

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2000, 05:44:00 PM »
Simple question : How do i get someone to jump in a Gunner position in my bomber if i am already flying ?
is it possible, or Do I have to go to the Club ?

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.