Author Topic: latest omega drivers/vsync puzzle  (Read 368 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
latest omega drivers/vsync puzzle
« on: December 25, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »
I installed the latest omega drivers and have vsync enabled, yet it's as if either the drivers/card or AH2 is totally ignoring this fact (probably one of the former).

in-game video info shows me getting more than my monitor refresh rate (85), ranging anywhere (depending) from 60 to 110.

i did a fresh install, so, i dunno...  maybe re-d/ling dx might solve this minorly perplexing issue.

2.4g P4, 768mb ram, ati 9700pro, latest dx and omega drivers, winx xp streamlined (12 processes running if nothing is happening).
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »
sounds like a problem I wish I could have.

Sled
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 09:48:20 PM »
Did you install the "radlinker" option?

I tried once and opted out of installing any of the "extra" stuff - just the drivers - it did the same thing - stuff whacked out like 250 fps - anyway - it had alot of tearing in it.

I went into the Control panel and there was no tab for 3d functions (ie AF / AA, 2x, 4x, 6x, apllication preference boxs, ect...)

I reinstalled with the radlinker, and then the control panel showed the option under advanced 3d.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 12:11:17 AM »
yeah i got the radlinker... using 4x both fsaa and aa...

ah well, hopefully by next version it'll clear up...

and no, i'm not overclocking nuffin'
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 02:44:21 AM »
I have ATI radeon 9600XT 128 meg.  I installed the omega drivers and got the same results (fr showing around 200 with refresh at 60).  

I got into 3d settings and set FSAA, AA to application preference with Vsynch to always on.  Once I did that the fr capped out at monitor refresh rate.

I'm running desktop at 1024 x 768 with a refresh rate of 60.  The game is running at the same resolution.

P.S. I'm borderline computer illiterate and have no idea what the best settings are or what FSAA or AA do.  The only thing I knew to do was to set Vsynch on.

Zaphod

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 03:02:43 AM »
ding ding ding, we have a winner... guess teh radlinker chnaged my setting on me when i installed it... it was set to always off under the radlinker, but showing always on under the display properties.

should be fixed now.

thx for that little obvious reminder.