Author Topic: Gunners with no plane?  (Read 323 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Gunners with no plane?
« on: January 08, 2005, 10:56:09 AM »
Defending base last night, everything looked clear for a few so I was cruising under 5k and looking for low bogies trying bug out.  I kept seeing the edges of a red icon on the deck, but I'd zoom down and lose it.  Waited, and sure enough, when it broke over water, it started to climb.  It was identified simply as "G-S", with a range count and the little Bishop symbol.  Some of the other players later said "G-S" is a bomber gunner?  There was no plane there.  I followed it until I was within d200 and began shooting at it, right at the icon, and in a circle around it.  There was no indication of hitting anything, and no indication it saw me or tried to evade.

I have film of it, but I have no way to host it.  I can send it if needed.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Gunners with no plane?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 06:46:58 AM »
There's this place if you need a host for screenshots/small films from AH AH Picture Hangar

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Gunners with no plane?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:52:15 PM »
I've only seen that once and I think I may still have a screenshot of it somewhere.  Had it been falling I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  This icon was flying straight and level at atleast 300 or so.  Was definately weird.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Gunners with no plane?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 01:58:20 AM »
Probably one of those occasions where the bomber pilot has bailed and the gunner is left hurtling through the air at low altitude.... often experienced it as gunner, but no idea what it looks like from anyone else's perspective.  Alt-F4 used to be the only way out of it, though maybe now clicking the tower will be enough.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Gunners with no plane?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:48:05 AM »
I dont think so Flossy.  This con left our base on the deck, so low that the icon was barely visible and flew until it was over water.  It then climbed 6 or 7k before levelling off.  And it was MOVING, I was in a 109F-4 and had trouble catching up to it.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Gunners with no plane?
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 11:58:51 AM »
Ah OK..... hmmm yes, that is strange then.....  :confused:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun