Author Topic: I am Torn  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
I am Torn
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2005, 05:37:52 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Ripsnort Target?

Has a certain oximoronic ring to it.......

No, i meant in regards to Rip Torn, da actar.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
I am Torn
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2005, 09:48:32 AM »
Dude the only thing that's torn is his behymen from his stint in the pokey.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
I am Torn
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2005, 09:49:25 AM »
heart wrenching loss of our brightest hope in November

Clearly he was referring to Gannon's neck injury.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
I am Torn
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2005, 10:41:39 AM »
Don't expect to see SaburoS back anytime soon- accorfing to his wife he's being detained under provisions of the Homeland Security Act for taking pictures of the jets at SFO.

The guy has a photography business, he's not a terrorist...And he lover airplanes, just like most of us here. Ironically the "offending pictures" that got him in trouble are still on his website.

We aren't sure where Chuck is being detained even as the Government can hold citizens indefinately, without council or without hearing, under provisions of the Homeland Security Act... in fact we aren't sure how many other American citizens have been "detained" for anti-Americanism, but since Nov. 7th many anti war advocates have been arrested.

Hopefully we can get this whole mess straightened out and get Chuck released, but because he's a person of mixed race and looks so...arabic.... he already has two strikes against him.

I don't hate you Neocons, but I blame you for this. Your narrowminded view of what being American means puts the vast majority of real Americans- Americans intrested in truth, justice and liberty for ALL...on the outside fringes of America.  

We can only hope that Hillary pulls an upset over McCain in 2008 and she can steer the Good Ship America back into Freedom's waters.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
I am Torn
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »
Well, his wife is wrong,  SaburoS sister's hairdresser told me that he's working for the CIA at Ice Station 'Zerba'.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
I am Torn
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
We can only hope that Hillary pulls an upset over McCain in 2008 and she can steer the Good Ship America back into Freedom's waters.

*retch, retch......hurl.....*

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
I am Torn
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2005, 01:00:01 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Don't expect to see SaburoS back anytime soon- accorfing to his wife he's being detained under provisions of the Homeland Security Act for taking pictures of the jets at SFO.

The guy has a photography business, he's not a terrorist...And he lover airplanes, just like most of us here. Ironically the "offending pictures" that got him in trouble are still on his website.

We aren't sure where Chuck is being detained even as the Government can hold citizens indefinately, without council or without hearing, under provisions of the Homeland Security Act... in fact we aren't sure how many other American citizens have been "detained" for anti-Americanism, but since Nov. 7th many anti war advocates have been arrested.

Hopefully we can get this whole mess straightened out and get Chuck released, but because he's a person of mixed race and looks so...arabic.... he already has two strikes against him.

I don't hate you Neocons, but I blame you for this. Your narrowminded view of what being American means puts the vast majority of real Americans- Americans intrested in truth, justice and liberty for ALL...on the outside fringes of America.  

I hope you are joking about Saburos, but in this day and age, who knows. In 2008 we will still have the threat of OBL hanging over our heads and that is what the RNC will use to knock off "librals" like McCain (he's sick in the head, Manchurian Candidate style, remember?) and Hillary. We will be neck deep in Iraq and told to "stay the course" with Jeb to protect the troops.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I am Torn
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2005, 02:25:03 PM »
I'm hoping Airhead is kidding.  That's really not something funny to joke about.  Chuck was at least still posting on the 4wing forum Dec. 31st.

SaburoS Posted: Dec 31 2004, 10:57 AM  

Group: AH2
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (tenzero @ Dec 30 2004, 10:28 AM)
Any Aces High players still around?  

Only for the BBS and H2H once in a while. Too much of my photography taking up the rest of the time.

BTW....

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

PS welcome back sandman and MT.  I would have posted earlier had I anything witty and/or snappy to say.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:36:09 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: I am Torn
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2005, 03:08:41 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I am torn my friends.

Torn between the love of my Country and the sadness caused in its name over the last four years. Torn between sadness at the heart wrenching loss of our brightest hope in November and elation over the complete lack of excuses the GOP and its mindless drones will have over the next 4 years. Torn between the love and honor I feel for our fighting men and women in Iraq and the sadness I have for the complete lack of moral direction they receive from the White House.  Torn between the need to stay and fight for the installation of real leadership like Hillary Clinton in four years, and the overriding sense of why try… run to Canada where the air is clean and 51% of the people tend to have brains attached to their heads.

Yes I am torn asunder my friends. If only a few would have heeded the truth in November. If only a few would wake up and smell the unmistakable smell of corruption and greed pervading the Republican spider hole we call Washington DC. If only a few would take the warnings and predictions of voter fraud proven beyond a doubt by http://www.moveon.org I would not be so disheartened.

When Oh when will the Country that I once knew wake from this nightmare of gun ownership and animal cruelty? When will the oppressed be given their chance at the top of the pile? When will our least be treated as our best? When will monogamy be accepted and celebrated as the beautiful thing it is, no matter who practices it, men with women, women with women, men with men, instead of the stigmatized brutality it receives from our right wing hordes regularly?

When my friends, will we awaken to the destruction reeked upon our fragile planet by capitalistic pirates and their ilk? When will we stop the waste and rape of the land perpetrated by gas guzzling monsters from our sordid past? WHEN?

Thank the almighty ones for people like Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon who have the voice and the money to get the truth out to the people. Maybe someday I’ll be less torn… maybe someday soon. Maybe really really soon….. we will see.

[SIZE=8]YOU GO, GIRL![/SIZE]  
[/B]

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
I am Torn
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2005, 02:47:48 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead

LOL! You dog! :D
For the record. Airhead knew I wouldn't have access to a computer until the 4th and told me he'd do this post. Didn't find it at first.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I am Torn
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2005, 02:49:02 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
LOL! You dog! :D
For the record. Airhead knew I wouldn't have access to a computer until the 4th and told me he'd do this post. Didn't find it at first.

welcome back chuck

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
I am Torn
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 03:49:05 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
welcome back chuck

Thnx bud, ~S~!
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
I am Torn
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 10:03:43 AM »
OK, I'll point out those Neocons who were just too gleeful over Bush's election (we can't call it re-election because he wasn't elected in 2000).

(singing)

The Liberal's are back and there's gonna be trouble,
Hey-ya, hey-ya the Libs are back.

If I were you I think I'd cut out on the double,
Hey-ya, hey-ya the Libs are back.

Yeah, they know that you been lyin
Yeah, and now you will be cryin...

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
I am Torn
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 10:20:04 AM »
Happy New Year MT!

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
I am Torn
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2005, 11:33:43 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Ripsnort Target?

Has a certain oximoronic ring to it.......

Actually I don't believe this was a cut and paste, it's MTs own words...

where ya been Brother? W/B