Author Topic: The Forming of Something Great....  (Read 8843 times)

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
leave yer squad hell!
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2005, 01:06:59 AM »
BRING EM!

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ok
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2005, 02:32:46 AM »
If the defensive forces were squad based and the idea was to provide some opposition for the attack I can see merit. What I don't want to see happen is a purely uber fighter filled sky with no scope for objectives being taken.

Maybe its time the MA changed. Could it not be a bit more like the old Allies Versus axis in AW. Rolling planesets defined by time period and which side you are fighting on.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: Ok
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2005, 06:50:37 AM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
If the defensive forces were squad based and the idea was to provide some opposition for the attack I can see merit. What I don't want to see happen is a purely uber fighter filled sky with no scope for objectives being taken.

Maybe its time the MA changed. Could it not be a bit more like the old Allies Versus axis in AW. Rolling planesets defined by time period and which side you are fighting on.

As much as people seem to dislike RPS, I've maintained that it'd help the MA. RPS would force some kind of variety in tactics and techniques. Low-flying Ju-88's and Boston's won't be nearly as effective as the B-17 and B-24 brethren, for instance. And getting people out of their uber-rides can only increase the overall competency of the MA population.

Regardless of the impact on the MA, the opportunity to stomp the spine out of someone who not only deserves it, but asks for it, should never be passed up.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Great
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »
Originally posted by anton

If we get this kind of thing going, I will sign back up to lend a hand.:aok

Anton

Wait a minute...you're not currently playing the game, yet claim to understand the "consensus"?  It is to laugh.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Forming of Something Great....
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2005, 11:23:33 AM »
I would join but my objective would be purely a fighter filled sky and killing the red planes in the biggest fight available.

I think most of the BK's feel the same... if it brings good fights we are there.  if it has an objective.... we may wander off during that part.   this is not a war game to us.   It will be fun to slaughter the mouse weilders and builting battlers who have never given enough time to learn to fight.

lazs
Public relations officer for the BK's

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »
What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?

:p

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2005, 03:15:10 PM »
For  starters, I guess we should move ahead with the Shubie challenge.

To get the ball rolling, Thursday of next week works for me. I would vote for an attack vs. defense (defending against Shubie's attack) scenario. I think that works for what Shubie likes to do and for what us disorganized non-horde types like to do (not that defense needs to be strictly defensive or offense strictly offensive).

I am willing to act as an initial coordinator for the defense side. Not a battlefield general, but the guy to collect notices from interested squads and help formulate a general plan of defense that will be implemented by the individual squads. If we need a battlefield general we can hash that out later. Obviously, once started this may take on a life of its own as people join in on either side :)

Let me know here and/or drop me an e-mail if interested.

Charon

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »
Sounds good sorta strat versus furball thing... Lets give it a go charon.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2005, 03:25:25 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
... Shubie challenge. ...

Now there's an oxymoron.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »
For  starters, I guess we should move ahead with the Shubie challenge.

To get the ball rolling, Thursday of next week works for me. I would vote for an attack vs. defense (defending against Shubie's attack) scenario. I think that works for what Shubie likes to do and for what us disorganized non-horde types like to do (not that defense needs to be strictly defensive or offense strictly offensive).

I am willing to act as an initial coordinator for the defense side. Not a battlefield general, but the guy to collect notices from interested squads and help formulate a general plan of defense that will be implemented by the individual squads. If we need a battlefield general we can hash that out later. Obviously, once started this may take on a life of its own as people join in on either side :)

Let me know here and/or drop me an e-mail if interested.

Charon

We'll be there.  How about starting the festivities at about 8 pm  EST?  

shubie

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2005, 06:00:17 PM »
That's fine for me, though it might hit the Pacific time zone guys a bit hard. I'd like to get some more feedback on the date at a squad level.

Charon

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Now there's an oxymoron.

You know, if that made any sense, I might be able to respond to it.  As it is, I guess I am just going to have to challenge you to a duel.  Pistols at 20 paces?  Tactical Nukes at 300 km?  Mark 47 photon torpedos at 3 parsecs?

shubie

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »
That's fine for me, though it might hit the Pacific time zone guys a bit hard. I'd like to get some more feedback on the date at a squad level.

Charon

Great.  If it needs to be a bit later, let me know, we'll work it out.  Do you have any idea what map will be up?  That would help us decide where to have the party.

shubie

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Re: Re: Great
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2005, 10:24:36 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Wait a minute...you're not currently playing the game, yet claim to understand the "consensus"?  It is to laugh.
Laugh all you want after you prove me wrong. What does being a current paying member have to do with knowing the general consensus of the definition of a horde exactly?
I know what hordes are, I know what they do, and I know they are still quite prevailant in todays AH.

If am wrong, why then is there at least 3 threads, well passed page 2 in replies, about the hordes and their negative effect on the game, posted on the first page of the general topics forum?  Please prove me wrong.

Anton
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 10:27:24 PM by anton »

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Great
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2005, 11:00:50 PM »
Originally posted by anton
Laugh all you want after you prove me wrong. What does being a current paying member have to do with knowing the general consensus of the definition of a horde exactly?
I know what hordes are, I know what they do, and I know they are still quite prevailant in todays AH.

If am wrong, why then is there at least 3 threads, well passed page 2 in replies, about the hordes and their negative effect on the game, posted on the first page of the general topics forum?  Please prove me wrong.

Anton

I'll keep it short and simple, Anton.

If the "concensus" were against hordes, there wouldn't BE ANY HORDES due to a lack of members.  Get it?  The threads are all started by a minority that thinks they have a monopoly on what constitutes successful gameplay.

Come on into the MA, and watch.  You will see what I mean.  The real concensus is that concentration of force (what the experten are calling hordes) is the way to capture territory.  Some of us play that game, and enjoy it.  Obviously, enough to create the dreaded "hordes" some people object to so strongly.

Personally, and I have posted it many times, I think the cooperative tactics and concentration of force make for a more enjoyable experience.  I HATE getting gang-raped by two or four enemy planes when I fly around alone.  I almost never go plane hunting by myself, since even the experten run for the ack or a friend when they are disadvantaged in a fight.  And I think fighting at 1000 feet alt is silly, unrealistic, and counterproductive.