Author Topic: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs  (Read 73751 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
And so does my new setup. Cost just over $4k. :P
:( I want it.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
Glad to see you back :aok
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2010, 12:46:31 AM »
I've been working on my sounds for the past couple of hours tonight while the laundry's getting done, and I've made plenty of progress.

Expect new packs... Soonish.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2010, 12:04:25 AM »
Cant wait!
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »
I've still got quite a ways to go on the next round of packs, but I've got the basics down.

Most of the aircraft have been given sounds, so what's the next step? Making sure they all work correctly with extensive flight testing. Think of it as quality control, as flight testing shows whether or not engine sounds loop properly (sadly, my audio editors don't always do the job), if flaps and gear sounds are of the right length, and if gun sounds fit with the particular gun's rate of fire. And for this series of packs, I've decided to up the realism even more and make the internal recordings the default sounds, with the external ones as switch-in/switch-out files.

I was hoping to have some packs out last week, but since I'm such a perfectionist, I couldn't let the little annoyances slide. But, it'll be worth the wait.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »
Fruda,

If you want a beta tester, feel free to give me a shout.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
Progress update?
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »
Progress has been extra slow because of real life stuff. I'm hoping to change the course of events in a few weeks and get a pack or two out on my site, but you never know what's going to happen.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »
Alright, another little update.

I won't be working on any sounds until I move into a new place. I've been having a lot of difficulties with a very... Challenging roommate. Said roommate is challenging in many ways; the biggest challenge being him almost never paying his half of the rent. I've had to put up with so much from him and life in general that I just haven't had time for Aces High, much less making sound packs. That said, I'm reasonably hopeful that I'll be back to work sometime in the near future, and with the advent of the new sound engine, I'll be able to do a total revision of my sounds from the ground-up.

Yeah, it'll take a while, but things that take the most time are worth the most time. Have no worries. I'll be back.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Yeah, it'll take a while, but things that take the most time are worth the most time. Have no worries. I'll be back.

Good things to those who wait!  :banana:

Have had one of 'those' roommates before. :furious Quite..... fun. The best of luck!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
Hey Fruda, I clicked the link that was on your first post and DLed the things there, they are awesome, but do I need to update?
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
im starting to love these sound packs ever since i got em =) good work fruda and keep it up! :airplane: :devil

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
how do i get the new packs  :cry
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
I'm not entirely sure the server for the files that I uploaded still exists.

I think that should tell everyone enough in itself: I'm no longer maintaining my old sounds. What was good years ago isn't good anymore; I don't feel ashamed of the work (entirely the contrary, because remastering and clean looping all of these sounds for Aces High II's old audio engine was a huge pain), but I really do feel it's not up to par at this point in time. If there is better source material out there that isn't copyrighted, I'll be more than glad to do more work and get some really decent sounds uploaded again. It's a lot of work, though, and even more so when I make it a point to verify that the sounds are authentic. No point in making sounds for a PW R-2800 that come from who knows what. I'd love to get some gear and record aircraft sounds myself, but that's very expensive, considering the grade of equipment I would need for such a job. No way can I afford anything of the sort right now.

I could always find some source material one aircraft at a time and release finished work at an add-in basis... But to be honest, I don't even remember what standard the new audio engine has for aircraft sounds. Stereo? 44khz? I really have no idea.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
Got a hair up my (this was supposed to be a three letter word, and it got turned into "bellybutton" --- er, what...) and decided to do some testing. Results?

Merlin pack complete, full engine run in stereo 22.1khz. Internal and external as usual. I'll upload as soon as everything is 100% clean.