Author Topic: Jabo and Bomb fuses  (Read 496 times)

Offline tofri at work

• Zinc Member
Jabo and Bomb fuses
« on: October 19, 2001, 05:18:00 AM »
Yesterday I did some GV killing with a 190F8.
As usually I went up at 1k above ground , flow over the target and turned over my wing into a steep dive.
I had some problems to target the GV, so I released my bomb at a distance about 200yards.
I heard no explosion and normally a 500kg bomb exploding so near would have ripped me to pieces.
Somehow I managed not to mud dive the plane , so I returned to my target. There was no crate.  :eek:

I read that bombs have now security fuses.
As I understand it, they have to go a certain time/way before they are armed. :rolleyes:

Can any body give me some data, how close I can go to a target? Does the fuses arm on flown time or flown way?

Or understood I something completely wrong?    :confused:

Offline Pinner

• Zinc Member
Jabo and Bomb fuses
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
I've been doing a little bit of looking into some of the numbers for dropping bombs. There was a similar thread going down in the gameplay forum.

The information that I have so far is at home, so I dont have handy access to it at the moment.

As to how the fuse is armed, I'm still not 100% sure, but I've got a few offline experiments to try that should help figure it out.

I'll keep you updated with my findings.

Pinner

Originally posted by tofri at work:
-snip-

Can any body give me some data, how close I can go to a target? Does the fuses arm on flown time or flown way?

Or understood I something completely wrong?     :confused:

Offline Sir Gee

• Zinc Member
Jabo and Bomb fuses
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2001, 07:02:00 PM »
These are the comments in the 'readme 108.txt' file in your HTC/Aces High folder.

"Added fuzes to all bombs.  A bomb will not arm unless it’s traveled 1000 feet.  This translates to about a 100 foot drop at 250 miles per hour.  The faster you travel, the less altitude is required and vice versa."

_G

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
Jabo and Bomb fuses
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
GP bombs usually have a little propeller spinner which spins as it falls, it spins enough it will arm the bomb.