Author Topic: Did you buy Windows, Word or Excel and live in CA?  (Read 144 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Did you buy Windows, Word or Excel and live in CA?
« on: January 01, 2005, 03:51:41 PM »
Came across this, possibilities to get some $$$ from Bill himself.

Deadline for Free Microsoft Cash Looms

Microsoft lost a big legal battle in California, and agreed to "reimburse" California consumers and businesses with up to $1.1 billion in free money. But hardly anyone is taking MS up on the free money offer, and most of the $1.1 billion sits idle in a bank. The deadline for filing your claim is January 8th, and anyone who bought Windows, Word or Excel between February 18, 1995 and December 15 2001 is eligible to claim a reimbursement for being overcharged for the software. Home consumers of MS products can get up to $100 by just filling out a form.

Microsoft insists that the lack of response to this free money offer means that Californians don't feel that MS overcharged them. I say it's because they haven't heard the offer exists. In case you live in California, and you bought MS products in the covered time frame, you can fill out a form here to get your money. But hurry!

Dr. John

http://www.kickassgear.com/News/TodaysNews.htm

{ I don't think any of the links will work thru my copying of text, goto the link for directions. }
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Did you buy Windows, Word or Excel and live in CA?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 03:55:02 PM »
Seems too good to be true just based on what is there....