Author Topic: Towering in a Tank  (Read 1471 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2005, 11:13:27 AM »
Schaden dont hijack this thread and keep it on the subject

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 04:26:58 PM »
I admit, when I'm freaking out after landing and have kills under my belt, bad guy planes or gv's in the area, tring to stop plane to tower.  Those buttons on the clipboard, especially the TOWER button gets Really Really small and i seem to hit every button but it! lmao!!  The thought of typing .ef just is'nt fast enough and it comes out like this .e.fef   when im in the freaking out mode. :)

So the buttons could be a bit more easy to get the mouse on the one you want,  while in the freaking out mode!  IMO    :P

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
I blame HT for everything, too.  His inablity to establish peace in the Middle East is disappointing.  O, and my New Years Eve sucked -- that's HT's fault, too.  Obviously, HT should have invented the dork-proof mouse by now, as well.  

(John Stewart impression)
"DAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN YOU, HTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!"

:)

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2005, 05:09:40 PM »
Oh I see the problem!  HT is spreading hisself real thin, I say let the middle east go,  and no more pajama parties on new years eve at tbolts.  spend  more time working on clipboard!  lmao!!

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2005, 07:05:53 PM »
lol

Yeah I blame HT for this damn cold weather too lol...

Originally posted by TBolt A-10
I blame HT for everything, too.  His inablity to establish peace in the Middle East is disappointing.  O, and my New Years Eve sucked -- that's HT's fault, too.  Obviously, HT should have invented the dork-proof mouse by now, as well.  

(John Stewart impression)
"DAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN YOU, HTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!"

:)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2005, 11:17:19 PM »
O, and btw HT...how's the coad coming along for the wife ack?  we still can't find the "DISABLE" button on that one...

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2005, 11:50:31 PM »
IF U DONT WANT TO KEEP THIS THREAD ON SUBJECT THEN **** OFF IM TYRED OF DAMASS PPL LIKE YALL!!!!!!

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 01:22:23 AM »
Truekill, no offense meant, but I find it very hard to take someone serious who has no concept of correct punctuation usage and  turns complete paragraphs into one huge, uncomprehensible sentence.  Also, I find it very hard to understand what you are trying to say when you use abreviations for normal words such as before, you, computer, because, and why.  Does it really save that much time omitting a few letters here and there?

I, as well as others I'm sure, have problems understanding what you are trying to say.

"HT please fix this BS i just lost 70 frickin perks while in a tiger when i was ganna check to se how many bases the nits had and clicked on tower by mistake."

My first thought of this statement was that you clicked on the tower button and are blaming it on HTC.  I had no clue what you were asking until your fourth post.

Its just in my experience that people will take you more serious when you take the few extra seconds of effort to make your posts comprehensible.  You will get a lot more help when you actually describe your problem in depth than you would by saying, "I clicked this button and its your fault so fix it."

Just my 2 cents.

Offline ebgb

• Copper Member
      • http://www.rogue-gryffons.com
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 01:31:35 AM »
He has a point - and the 'ergonomics' of a software program are important.  Make it difficult - people won't use it.  Make it so the design is off and wierd things happen.  Add it to the list.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2005, 02:27:15 AM »
united this is a forum for a game not a fricking college essay if i want to keep this all 1 sentence i can and like i said b4 i didnt say whos fault it was i was asking HT to turn off the "exit in flight" for GVs excuse me if i didnt go into ever last detail. and i am sick and tyred of ppl hijacking my thread if u want to talk about how me and so many other ppl dont get the help they ask for just cuz they dont feel like typeing whole word then go right ahead dont post it in here. and i did explain what happened 13 posts ago and if u cant read it cuz i dont spell everything out its not my fault this post was aimed at HT and the other makers of AH and im shure HT can read it cuz iv seen some of his posts.

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2005, 11:52:22 AM »
I know, and I don't expect a college essay from everyone.  In fact, I dont mind if you don't change anything at all.  But, its just that I have more of a tendancy to help those people who's posts I can actually understand.

Yes, you did explain what happened.  But, according to you, it was your fifth post in this thread.

The only reason I made my post was because I have a tendancy to ignore posts that have no punctuation and are just one big run on sentence.  I'm lazy and if I have to pick apart a post to figure out what the poster (is that even a word?) is trying to say, I just go on and pass over it.

Its been a while since I have played AH, much less in a GV, and I had no idea that you could exit in flight in one.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2005, 05:34:46 PM »
No of course not, a fifth grade level would do just fine.

You expect HTC to understand posts that are incomprehensible?

Originally posted by TrueKill
united this is a forum for a game not a fricking college essay if i want to keep this all 1 sentence i can and like i said b4 i didnt say whos fault it was i was asking HT to turn off the "exit in flight" for GVs excuse me if i didnt go into ever last detail. and i am sick and tyred of ppl hijacking my thread if u want to talk about how me and so many other ppl dont get the help they ask for just cuz they dont feel like typeing whole word then go right ahead dont post it in here. and i did explain what happened 13 posts ago and if u cant read it cuz i dont spell everything out its not my fault this post was aimed at HT and the other makers of AH and im shure HT can read it cuz iv seen some of his posts.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »
TrueKill, all joking aside.  You will get much better response to your thread if you make requests and ask questions, instead of making attacks.  I'm not talking about spelling or punctuation or anything else except the content of your complaint, and the language you use in making that complaint.  

And just because you and your squaddies all have crappy connects in the MA doesnt mean everyone does, so how is that HT's fault?  If it was every person, I could see you blaming HTC.  Its not every person.  Depending on where you are in relation to the HTC server (geographically speaking that is), half the country could be experiencing a crappy connect if they go through the same bad router.  Thats still not HTC's fault.  Its not your fault either.  

Here's an example for you.  Let's say someone asks you to draw them a map showing how to get somewhere they want to go.  So you do, and hand it to them on a clipboard.  Now lets say the guy cant read your map and wants you to redraw it.  Would you be more likely to do it if he

A)  Whacks you upside the back of the head, calls you names, makes up things about your family, etc. and yells at you to fix the piece of crap you drew and blah blah baj/

B)  Comes to you and explains the problem, politely asks if you could please redraw the map for him, explaining whhy he is having a problem.  

Which would you respond more easily?

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2005, 08:07:12 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
IF U DONT WANT TO KEEP THIS THREAD ON SUBJECT THEN **** OFF IM TYRED OF DAMASS PPL LIKE YALL!!!!!!

LOL, yup I really think he's going to take you seriously after this gem.  

The subject was dead long ago, I really don't think there is going to be a fix put in for this and that is what the others were trying to communicate to you.  Sometimes these things happen.... I think the best thing about perk points is earning them.   Just think of all the fun you will have in panzers trying to earn back your 70 perk points!  I think in the end this will make you a better person.  :D

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Towering in a Tank
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2005, 08:45:20 AM »
And here I thought this thread was about how the Tigers rear up on there hind legs and paw the air when in gear and starting up.  My salution was just to shout at the top of my lungs "HIHO SILVER, AWAY!!!"
Of course the family got kinda tired of that shoit so I had to stop leaving my tiger in gear and put it in nuetral like the manual says. Plus, its kinda hard to shoot anyone with the muzzle sticking straight up in the air as well. This thread isn't about all that, so just disregard everything I've previously written, k cuz?