Author Topic: New Map  (Read 981 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
New Map
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
skuzzy mentioned today on the typechannel that clouds have been enabled on the next map.  he said that he didnt want to put them on a big map until

fyi.

they werent.

:confused:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
New Map
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 01:59:45 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
From memory:

Win XP
P4 2.4 gig processor
1 gig ram (don't know the speed)
9600SE Radeon (went and bought a 6600GT card over the holidays and saw no frame rate improvement, only slight graphics improvement...brought it back, not spending $200 on a card that really doesn't improve overall effects)

Latest drivers as of December to include Mobo, sound and graphics.

Runs Doom 3 quite well...not at highest settings, but then again at 1280x1024 on high performs well enough.

My sliders are 2/3 max with ground slider at .5 miles....so I never really see gv's unless I am within 1k of them, below 400feet.

Water animation off.

I run the game at the same desktop settings 1280x1024 with textures at 256.

You would think withmy system specs and everything it should be running smooth. I don't have time to look at the AA settings, but I should not be pushing the limits since I am running default since reinstall.

I know I'm getting old, but maybe you could solve this other problem which I attribute to my monitor. Planes look like itty bitty dots until they get about 400 out (which it probably why my gunnery has gone down by half). I've tried different resolutions, but to be quite honest I don't want to run the game at 800x600 and I should not have to, this is 2005, not 1995. Once again I think my specs should be more than adequate to run AH.

Your specs are more than adequate to run AHII, but the processor is the main ingredient in getting good fps here.  A 2.4 Ghz P4 is more than good enough, but not good enough to see spectacular frame rates unless the rest of it is performing well.  The 9600SE is a low end 9600 with a slower processor than the other 9600 series cards.  Its a value card.  More than likely you have some settings on your video card that are slowing down your fps.  I dont know exactly what frame rates you are seeing, as you didnt post that.  You can post your problem in the Tech Support forum and maybe Skuzzy can help you find specific ways to speed you up.

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
New Map
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
Download the Omega Drivers for ATI - They are souped up and bug free, laways have been for me.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
New Map
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 08:20:39 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
skuzzy mentioned today on the typechannel that clouds have been enabled on the next map.  he said that he didnt want to put them on a big map until

fyi.

nope.  no clouds.  

where are the clouds?
send in the clooooouds.

maybe...neeeeeeeext yeaaaaar.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
New Map
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 03:12:11 AM »
Clouds on this map up tonight

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
New Map
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 03:48:04 AM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Clouds on this map up tonight

cool.  cant wait to fly in em tommorrow.

thanks star

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.