Author Topic: vid card  (Read 369 times)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
vid card
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:28:11 AM »
S!

just installed new vid card gforce fx 5500 oc and when i went to the game, the buildings, ships and planes are all white with no features :(

any suggestions?  any other info needed for this problem please ask.

ty

David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 03:31:34 AM by DadRabit »
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
vid card
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:50:05 AM »
S!

just uninstalled ah2 and reinstalled it.  problem still there :(
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
vid card
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:37:57 AM »
Did you remove the old video card driver before installing the new card?

Did you use the drivers that came with the card or did you get the latest drivers from NVidia's WEB site?  You should use a driver from thier WEB site as the driver that comes on the CD with a card is going to be very outdated.

Make sure you set the maximum texture size to 512, or less, in the game for that card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
vid card
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 01:39:48 PM »
After talking to Dad online last night and not being of much help I have since had a thought.
  Skuzz tell me if I`m right or wrong here.
  Shouldn`t the video.cfg files in AH folder be deleted and start anew?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
vid card
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 03:06:51 PM »
It does not hurt,..and it might help if some options were defaulted for one card, and not for the other.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
vid card
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »
S!

ok,  found that my processor (750 meghrtz AMD duron) :rolleyes:  was working at 100% after new vid card install.  put old gforce 440 back in but still had same problem with builds, planes being solid white.  

we had uninstalled drivers that came wth new card and installed new drivers from nvidia.  still could not get rid of the white.  we then went back and reinstalled old original drivers from 2001 and now it works fine.  (special thanks to Hangmen1)  ty all for ur help.

S!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 06:06:09 AM by DadRabit »
S! 68KO
S! A8WB