Author Topic: VOX channel questions  (Read 359 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
VOX channel questions
« on: January 11, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »
2 Question on the VOX channels?

a) I know that VOX 111 will have everyone show up as a squadie, but what other channels are available is that one is busy?

b) Are there any other specialty channels?  Just curious.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
VOX channel questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »
if Ch 111 is busy you can use 100 thru 199 for your country for VOX

other Vox Channels are 200 thru 299, these channels let you talk to other countrys, as far as highlighting  other country flyers on these channels I am not sure,  never checked this part out.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: VOX channel questions
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 11:53:15 AM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
b) Are there any other specialty channels?  Just curious.
I am sure you know about them, Mister Fork, but I often wonder if people realise that there is a dedicated 'Squad' vox channel which only their squad members can access?  Same with 'Mission' vox for people flying the same mission.  These options only appear when someone joins a squad or mission.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
VOX channel questions
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:15:27 PM »
I am aware of those. Question, if I'm on channel 120 for example and everyone hits CTRL S - does everyone appear as a squadmate?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
VOX channel questions
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
I am aware of those. Question, if I'm on channel 120 for example and everyone hits CTRL S - does everyone appear as a squadmate?

yes everyone on same Tuned vox Channel will be highlighted regardless of how many are tuned
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC