Author Topic: X52 question  (Read 437 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
X52 question
« on: January 10, 2005, 06:39:36 PM »
I have had my Saitek X52 for 3 or 4 months now and it works great for AH2 but I cannot use the programming software that comes with the stick.
 I guess AH dosn't recognize the software?? Also when I select my stick in game AH dosn't recognize my 2nd and 3rd hat as 8 way hats just 4 way. So I can bind the up, down , left and right to do things but I cant use the combo's of up-left and so on. AH won't recognise the scroll wheel/button on the front of the throttle and without the software the 3 modes that you can go to on the stick are useless because AH dosn't recognize that you have changed modes/stick maps.
I realize that in AH you can set different stick maps and switch to them but that tends to eat up buttons that could be used for other things when I have a simple mode switch on my stick already.

Question... can the AH stick map utility be overridden to allow my X52's mapping utillity to work?  Or dose AH just need to be updated to recognize all of the gadgets on this stick and what they do?

I hope this dosn't sound like a rant because its not just a question I hope someone can answer. And don't let this post scare you away from the X52 I love it. It's very smooth and even without the 2 other modes it still has enuf buttons and rotors to map most things in AH Overall I think is a good quality stick so far. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
X52 question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 07:45:31 PM »
Well I don't know what I did but right after I posted I started messing with the profileing software again and some things are starting to work right. :D
  Will keep you posted.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Otterpop

• Zinc Member
X52 question
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »
I read here somewhere that AH2 ignores the saitek software.  I have problems with my x52 remembering some mapping selections.  Also it has to be calibrated every time I log on.  No biggie, but is that normal?
Fish should be called  Flish

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
X52 question
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:19:32 PM »
I got an X-52 just before the big update.  Didn't use the SST software before but since I had to remap I went ahead and did it with SST and it works great.  Three different modes (fighter, bomber and GV) plus the "shift" button, and no problem with AH seeing any of the controls except the wheel button.  

Two biggest issues with the SST is to make sure your AH profile is set as the active profile and make sure you save your changes as you edit the profile.  If you make changes you need to clear the profile then reload it (use the SST icon in the task bar).

As you said the stick is great, the only problem I have is with the slider which is a bit sensitive and for some reason, unlike the buttons, you can't label the hat, rotary switches and mouse stick in the software even if you have them set up as buttons.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Otterpop

• Zinc Member
X52 question
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 06:15:58 AM »
OK, thanks  I mapped with SST however going in and out of the game, for some reason it forgets a few settings.  Not sure why, but I just go remap them before I enter MA>   I must be missing something...  Really dig the stick though.  I do have a hard time getting the sensitivity right.  It's hard to keep a bead on someone, moves around on me.    Didn't mean to steal the thread, I apologize.         Otterpop
Fish should be called  Flish

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
X52 question
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 06:48:50 AM »
Originally posted by Otterpop
I read here somewhere that AH2 ignores the saitek software.  I have problems with my x52 remembering some mapping selections.  Also it has to be calibrated every time I log on.  No biggie, but is that normal?
We do not 'ignore' any software.  The profiling software for sticks is *supposed* to be transparent to any application using the stick.  There is a bug in the Saitek software.  One which is addressed in a patch from Microsoft's Windows update tool.  Look in the hardware patch list for it.  If you need the fix, it will show up there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 332nd outlaw

• Zinc Member
X52 question
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 04:19:47 PM »
i have never used the software from satiak always the AH keymapper.

this last change imo was a great thing for the x52. i prefer the AH mapper because it has 4 modes instead of 3. the mode switch on the stick is seen as three other buttons. i mapped the stick modes in AH to the toggels on the base of the stick. as i only change modes when changing differnt birds and have put the mode switch to better use imo.

but then i do not use macro's for combo pushes either.

anyway just my $.02

Offline Bad31st

• Copper Member
X52 question
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:43:42 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy - I've got a similar thread to this one in the Hardware forum and it looks as though your post will solve my issue.

Thanks again!:aok